Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Edgar #2 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People P$P doesnt just mean your record or how long you been fighting... its overall skill, record, domination and form of wins....

Anderson Silva #1
    GSP#2
    Dan Henderson#3
    Jose Aldo #4
    Jon Jones #5
    Edgar # 6.... wars, kos, tkos get you higher he was number 7 before sat..

Comment

#2? Absolutely not. Finishes are not a valid indicator of P4P status, no matter how impressive. Edgar isn't even the clear #1 fighter in his weight class, there are two other guys (Melendez and Alvarez) who can claim that spot with legitimacy.

I'd say my top 5 P4P would look something like

1. Anderson Silva
      2. George St Pierre
      3. Dominick Cruz
      4. Jon Jones
      5. Jose Aldo

Edgar would be somewhere in 6-10 with Melendez, Alvarez, Hioki, Diaz, and Shogun.

Comment

I hate the concept of pound for pound. All the notion does is cause needless debate.

However Dana whites logic is that because Edgar is undersized that makes his victories more accomplished.

So lets run with and use Dana's logic; Dan Henderson not only fought out of his weight class but actually won a title at a heavier weight class. On top of that he was the first to KO a man who stood at the top of a weight class 2 classes out of his original for over 10 years. So wouldn't that make Hendo a strong candidate for 2 or maybe 1 based on Dana's logic?

Royce Gracie fought guys who out weighed him by as much as 100lbs, so by Dana's logic that would make him number 1 pfp of all time.

Dana's logic is flawed and Edgar is NOT number 2 pfp.

Comment

Working...
        X