Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How boring was strikeforce last weekend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How boring was strikeforce last weekend?

I swear I've never been more disappointed watching an MMA event. (I didn't watch UFC 112, which I hear was miserable)

MMA fights are just not meant to go the distance for entertainments sake, and every single damn fight went the distance. And most of the time it was guys standing there scared to throw a punch, or just doing nothing on the ground.

I wasn't even able to watch the end of the Henderson fight, cause my dvr recording (which I set to record for a half hour after the supposed end time) ended too early.

While we were watching at my place, a friend of mine (who likes MMA more than boxing) said "Let's watch boxing, this is terrrible."

And it was.

Here's my take on MMA vs. boxing. A boring MMA fight is ten times worse than a boring boxing match. An exciting boxing match is much more exciting than an exciting MMA match.

However, because of the smaller gloves and higher unpredictability, MMA tends to have a greater ratio of more entertaining fights than boxing.

No one gives a shit about your "take on MMA vs. Boxing". It holds the same weight as you do in real life: None, and it has already been done to death.

With that said, the event was not what most people expected.

Comment

i enjoyed all 3 fights especially king mo- mass.....big upset....u could say all 3 were upsets because aoki was this big superstar submission machine

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
        i enjoyed all 3 fights especially king mo- mass.....big upset....u could say all 3 were upsets because aoki was this big superstar submission machine
        I couldn't believe the Mousasi fight. He was so much better than Mo, but had absolutely zero defense for takedowns.

Comment

the only part i enjoyed was the beatdown on jason miller at the end, there was more action in that minute then the rest of the strikeforce show

Comment

Strikeforce fights last Sat was sooo boring it made Phony Boy fights look action packed.

Comment

Being that the Strikeforce card was FREE, nobody has any room to ****ing complain.

Comment

I actually enjoyed the whole card...

Comment

It was better than the last UFC, and it was free...

Comment

I thought it sucked personally. But like it's been said it was free so who am I to complain. Although personally I think I might have enjoyed myself more watching cops.

Comment

Working...
                    X