No announcement yet.

Working out with sore muscles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out with sore muscles

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the training stuff.

I went to the gym not last night but the night before, I was going to go today but I am still a little sore in a few muscles.
    Should I still go or wait till my muscles are not sore anymore.
    I would like to go but I don't want to do my muscles damage.

DMC

Originally posted by DMC View Post
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the training stuff.

I went to the gym not last night but the night before, I was going to go today but I am still a little sore in a few muscles.
    Should I still go or wait till my muscles are not sore anymore.
    I would like to go but I don't want to do my muscles damage.

DMC
    i went to the gym when i was sore. if you can halfway throw a punch and if you can jog, you can go to the gym. the only time i didn't go was when i could barely walk lol. that was after the first day. once you get there, you won't even notice the soreness anymore until you are done.

Comment

ok cool,

I was just worried I would be doing myself damage.
      doing it over time do you get less sore?

DMC

Comment

Originally posted by DMC View Post
        ok cool,

I was just worried I would be doing myself damage.
        doing it over time do you get less sore?

DMC
        oh yeah, when i first went i was a mess the next day, after i went a few days ago though, the next day i was feeling great and not sore at all. so based upon that, i think soreness does go away, and relatively quickly too.

Comment

You should go, you'll feel wonderful afterwards.

Comment

most of the time sore muscles doesnt even mean that your muscles havent recovered yet, it just means that there is still lactic acid in there, so its ok to workout, maybe not lift weights but workout yea, and drink lots of water and vita c to flush out that lactic acid

Comment

ok, thanks for the info Guy's
              I went and I do feel really good.

DMC

Comment

When you work out, you tear muscle fibers. Them being sore is bascially like a wound hurting and needing food to heal it and make it stronger so it can keep up with what you just trained and some more. If you interupt the healing process and tear it again, then it just goes down hill. Imagine having a cut. It sorta starts to heal the next day, but you get another cut on the same place. Now it's just going to be worse and take longer to heal and not heal up as good as it should have. Avoid working out sore muscles, and give them the proper amount of time for rest. Try working out on other muscles, or just taking a day off to rest. Eventually your soreness will decrease to the point where you'll hardly ever be sore. GL bro on whatever your doing.

Comment

I had that issue.. Its all good now. It's just my wrist. That **** feels sore. I can't even throw a left hook, without that **** hurting me. So i was fighting southpaw today, throwing alot of jabs and right hooks and uppercuts. ****ing wrist ****ed everything up. I felt good afterwards though.

Comment

I usually take a few days rest, iv actually strained both my biceps muscles a few days ago, and cant even straighten both my arms which sucks but im going to resume training as of today, after just 2 days rest if i take anymore time off i usually find it hard to get back into routine and have to do less.

Comment

Working...
                    X