No announcement yet.

doomsday preppers.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doomsday preppers.....

Its on the national geographic channel. Anyone seen it?
    Everyone has their own theory about some great catastrophe or "end of the world as we know it" scenario...

And they pre for it. Food, water, guns, ammo, etc etc etc.

I dunno. Sometimes I think...if I couldn't save my whole family (including those with severe medical needs) and all of my friends....what's the point in survival????

Any thoughts??

It is one of the most pointless things anyone could ever do.

If you think about what events could bring about the end of life on earth.

Asteroid impact, The sun reaching a red giant stage, Nuclear war, Alien invasion etc etc stocking up on tinned food and ammunition would be the most futile waste of time imaginable and people that do such things are pretty stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      It is one of the most pointless things anyone could ever do.

If you think about what events could bring about the end of life on earth.

Asteroid impact, The sun reaching a red giant stage, Nuclear war, Alien invasion etc etc stocking up on tinned food and ammunition would be the most futile waste of time imaginable and people that do such things are pretty stupid.
      I have one question becuase i am hopeless on the subject.Why is it if there is Alien lifeforms out there they are always judged to be a smarter and more advanced race?

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        I have one question becuase i am hopeless on the subject.Why is it if there is Alien lifeforms out there they are always judged to be a smarter and more advanced race?
        Common sense says that if they have the capability for interstellar travel then they are far more technologically advanced than we are. We are talking about transversing possible millions of light years away. The energy requirements alone are mind boggling.

Comment

Yeah I agree. I mean prepping for the usual power failure is a good idea...but the end of the world?

Maybe the kit should just consist of a cyanide pill or somth. Pffft.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            If there where Alien lifeforms that had such technology that allowed them to travel to earth from another solar system that would make them infinitely more advanced than us our technology would be primitive in comparison they would most likely be able to wipe us out with ease.

But then again why would they bother it would be like us destroying an ants nest.

Comment

i can't wait til about november when all the doomsday fanatics are out crusading in front of dirty books stores & downtown with their bibles pointing at people & telling them to repent!!! you! yes you, how can you get through the pearly gates of heaven when you continue to forticate with the neighbours wife? you have sinned & you will be judged!!! it's gonna be awesome. i got about 30 mins of footage of a crusader pacing back & forth in the central park in antigua, guatemala. it was on xmas day...

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                If there where Alien lifeforms that had such technology that allowed them to travel to earth from another solar system that would make them infinitely more advanced than us our technology would be primitive in comparison they would most likely be able to wipe us out with ease.

But then again why would they bother it would be like us destroying an ants nest.
                Unless they wanted Earth for it's natural resources.

Comment

You guys are taking the title of the show way to literally

If you watch the show, they prepare for things like economic collapse, electromagnetic pulse, terrorist acts, fuel shortages, war, pandemics, etc

These things will ensue a massive human die off, not the end of all life as we know it. Obviously there is no reason to prepare for anything if you're def gonna die

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    You guys are taking the title of the show way to literally

If you watch the show, they prepare for things like economic collapse, electromagnetic pulse, terrorist acts, fuel shortages, war, pandemics, etc

These things will ensue a massive human die off, not the end of all life as we know it. Obviously there is no reason to prepare for anything if you're def gonna die
                    you mean i wasted all my money when i bought 5000 cans of spam & barrels of water? i've been building a bunker on my grandmothers farm for 3 years preparing...

Comment

Working...
                    X