No announcement yet.

Awesome High res pictures of Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome High res pictures of Mike Tyson

Yeah I'm not the biggest tyson fan but these are quality. Thought I'd share. Make sure to enlarge them.

Mike's a beast, plain and simple. Great pics.

Comment

Wow those look incredible. I would have thought those pics were probably taken about 25 minutes ago, wouldn't have believed that it was taken probably 25 years ago if I didn't know any better

Comment

God knows how the definition made its way so well to computer. Must have been large, high quality originals scanned with a damn good scanner or top of the range digital camera. It looks like 1987 Tyson.

Shame there isn't any hi def equivalent of the leading 80s ladies out there, Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Barbara Carrerra, Pam Grier etc......ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          God knows how the definition made its way so well to computer. Must have been large, high quality originals scanned with a damn good scanner or top of the range digital camera. It looks like 1987 Tyson.

Shame there isn't any hi def equivalent of the leading 80s ladies out there, Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Barbara Carrerra, Pam Grier etc......ha ha

film is film

movies that you watched in the theaters then and those that you watch in theaters now are shot on film. mostly 35 millimeter.

most of them, anyway. commercials, tv shows, etc are usually filmed on 16 mm to reduce cost. it sounds nuts, but film is very expensive and a big time movie or TV show will shoot millions of feet of it, and throw most of it away.

those pictures were probably stored as film and made digital recently.

35 mm film is so detailed it cannot be fully represented in moving 1080i i am told (meaning it is higher def than HD.) it is catching up.

these are some terrific pictures

photography today is a crap shoot
          you have a shutter that takes 15 picutres in a second
          you shoot thousands of pictures in a night
          and you pray for a good one

photography back in its day was an art. the dude who took these pictures is an artist. they still exist in photography, but they are a dying breed. blame the papparrazi and DSLR cameras that can make any idiot with enough time into a passable photographer with the aid of some luck

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            film is film

movies that you watched in the theaters then and those that you watch in theaters now are shot on film. mostly 35 millimeter.

most of them, anyway. commercials, tv shows, etc are usually filmed on 16 mm to reduce cost. it sounds nuts, but film is very expensive and a big time movie or TV show will shoot millions of feet of it, and throw most of it away.

those pictures were probably stored as film and made digital recently.

35 mm film is so detailed it cannot be fully represented in moving 1080i i am told (meaning it is higher def than HD.) it is catching up.

these are some terrific pictures

photography today is a crap shoot
            you have a shutter that takes 15 picutres in a second
            you shoot thousands of pictures in a night
            and you pray for a good one

photography back in its day was an art. the dude who took these pictures is an artist. they still exist in photography, but they are a dying breed. blame the papparrazi and DSLR cameras that can make any idiot with enough time into a passable photographer with the aid of some luck

I'd be inclined to agree with you.

It would be good to have excellent digital copies of photographs of others too, not just boxers. Long gone movie stars etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              I agree with you there, though I have to say that I saw Pfeiffer in something recently and she was still gorgeous as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                I agree with you there, though I have to say that I saw Pfeiffer in something recently and she was still gorgeous as ever.

Ha ha, she looked amazing in that film Stardust/Starlight and also not too long ago on the Jonathan Ross show.

But bringing the topic back to boxing.........Jake La Motta's blond wife in Raging Bull was quite something!! Ha ha

Comment

Working...
                X