No announcement yet.

Up To 30 Bodies Of Children Found In Mass Grave In East Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up To 30 Bodies Of Children Found In Mass Grave In East Texas

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas — Dozens of bodies have been found in a mass grave in Liberty County, NBC-affiliate KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.
    More from TODAY.com

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office said 25 to 30 bodies were buried at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta. KHOU reported that a tipster alerted authorities about the bodies, which were said to be dismembered. The bodies are those of children, according to preliminary reports, KPRC Local 2 said on its website.

The area is largely rural with a mix of fields and small wooded areas. Law enforcement officials were staged along County Road 2048 near a house that was surrounded by trees. About 15 Sheriff's Office vehicles and at least one cadaver dog are on the scene, KHOU reported.

The Cleveland Advocate reported that authorities were seeking a search warrant in order to search a nearby home, where some of the individuals involved have been "uncooperative," according to Capt. Rex Evans, a spokesman for the sheriff's office.

An FBI official says an evidence response team has been put on standby in case its needed, according to NBC News. A woman who answered the phone at the Beaumont FBI office referred all questions to the Liberty County Sheriff's Office, which could not be immediately reached by msnbc.com for comment.

Damn... This is crazy. Like in movies when you see the detective comes by a small town to gather some evidence and the townsfolks are uncooperative because they have this evil secret!!

Hope they catch the crazies!

Comment

That's some sad shi*. Too many sickos out there.

Comment

Should've done follow-up to this thread, since it didn't happen

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110608...scrimechildren

Texas police probe psychic's mass grave hoax

HARDIN, Texas (AFP) – Texas police were investigating whether a tip-off from a psychic about a mass grave containing dozens of dismembered bodies was in fact a hoax after an intense search found no bodies.

State, local and federal agents combed the area around a rural home after a woman who claimed to be psychic called police twice to report the mass grave at in Hardin, Texas about 50 miles (31 kilometers) northeast of Houston.

She provided a very good description of both the outside and interior of the one-storey brown brick home and blood was found on the porch, which prompted police to get a search warrant and call in reinforcements.

Soon, local media were reporting that as many as 25 to 30 bodies -- including children -- were found on the rural property. But those reports turned out to be false.

"We searched the premises there is no indication there are any bodies at this residence, property or shed," Rex Evans, a captain with the Liberty County sheriff department, told reporters.

"There is no indication that a homicide occurred here."

Craig McNair, head of the county commissioners, expressed frustration with the "havoc" created by the false tip which led dozens of journalists to descend upon the quiet Texas town.

"Whoever this person was who gave this tip we'll be in touch with her and we could hold her responsible for giving a false tip and creating this havoc," he said.

The people who live there are long-haul truck drivers who are currently on the road and are baffled by the report, Evans said.

"Finding out that the police are in my yard for dead bodies? That's kinda panicking me," Joe Bankson, 44, told the Houston Chronicle.

"I haven't killed anybody," he said. "And I have a lot of friends, but I haven't helped anybody bury any bodies."

Bankson told the KHOU-TV that his daughter's ex-boyfriend got drunk and cut his wrists a couple weeks ago and is now in a psychiatric hospital.

"It took me all day to clean the inside of the house. I'm not sure I got it (the blood) all."

Comment

Is a Serial Killer suspected?

I like reading about serial killers ....

pretty sad though

Comment

Bull**** lie by the media. There were no bodies.

Comment

LMFAO someone has been in a closet. This **** was proven a hoax a few hours after it was released.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                LMFAO someone has been in a closet. This **** was proven a hoax a few hours after it was released.

links?................

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  links?................
                  It was right above your head, post #4.

Comment

How in the hell did a hoax with no sources no nothing get put up in a major news site?

Comment

Working...
                    X