View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 07:33 PM #2
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13847 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,036,990.30
Total Points: 1,098,634.04
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

I've done it, not as a main focus, but mostly because I'm an audio engineer so people ask me to DJ parties, or there were times when I integrated samples, manual crossfades, etc into music I was producing.
If it's music that's caught your interest, getting a guitar (I recommend a classical/spanish) is 10x more satisfying, doesn't require an audience, in the end, and gets people's respect more.

But, DJing requires less commitment. It's easier to sound like you know what you're doing. I HIGHLY recommend getting an idea of what gear you want and checking Craigslist. Used DJ equipment is really common and goes dirt cheap so you don't have to invest a lot to start. Everyone has their own style so watch some videos to get to know what features are going to be important to you.
Spinning vinyl is the pinnacle of DJing, IMO, but is really expensive if you want to do it right so start digital, start cheap, and work your way up based on your comfort level. Don't feel you need to go overkill with your PA either. Otherwise, it becomes a big hassle that's hard to move and doesn't sound good unless you push it to the point of being "too loud".
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote