Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think a Classic Bout reality show would be cool..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Classic network did this a lot(before espn bought them out). They would have guy like Robinson and Basilio in studio discussing the fight as they showed it. Actually before espn bought the network, Classic network showed a lot of boxing.
    That's right... I think they did one with Graziano and Zale

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      No way Hagler appears on that show. Like you said, he really does hate Leonard.
      They could interview them separately or use clips from the Sportscentury or any other Hagler bios that might be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        They could interview them separately or use clips from the Sportscentury or any other Hagler bios that might be out there.
        There was a show in the mid '70s called 'The way it was'. They can be found on Youtube. They featured Robinson-LaMotta, Zale-Graziano, Robinson-Graziano, Louis-Walcott, Louis-Galento and Pep-Saddler with the named fighters present and rehashing what happened as they roll the film on their respective fights. It was hosted by Curt Gowdy. I always recall the Pep-Saddler show, because they had Don Dunphy on it (or was Dunphy on all of them, can't remember). And Dunphy sort of gave out to both Pep and Saddler for the dirty fighting in their 4 fight series. I think this was the format you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Classic network did this a lot(before espn bought them out). They would have guy like Robinson and Basilio in studio discussing the fight as they showed it. Actually before espn bought the network, Classic network showed a lot of boxing.
          A show just like this would be great, even if they can't get the fighters to come in for a talk/interview a well regarded historian will do just as well.

Comment

Interesting idea, sounds good.

Comment

I'd love to see a show do career retrospectives on the boxing greats of the past. Ringside had too much talking, not enough fight footage.

Comment

Working...
              X