No announcement yet.

Middleweight or Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middleweight or Heavyweight?

I'm in two minds and I thought I would start a thread and see what your views are.

I'm currently about 77kg and I fight at 75kg (middleweighrt) I used to weight about 85kg and have been loosing the weight fast as I'm training 6 days a week, but part of me thinks that may be I should hit the weight and move upto lightheavy weight or heavy weight but muscle gain not fat like I have been seeing a lot lately.

Cheers guys just wondered if you have ever been in the same situation and what you decided to do.

well i guess the only way to find out is try both weights and see where you do better.

Comment

How old are you Stocks?

Comment

Depends on a lot of things like how old you are, how tall you are, ect ect.

Personally i think you should stick to with middleweight, because no matter how much weights you lift or how big you get a real natural heavyweight will still have an advantage over you.

Comment

Cheers guys

Yea i have decided to stay at this weight for know just finding it hard to get to 75kg, at the momment i have no energy after half an hour but alot of that is my diet as im not eating enough because im trying to get to the weight, i used creatine last week i used it for 4 days then went boxing and the difference in my energy levels was crazy!!!

But im 29 so getting old i was hoping to turn pro by 32 leaving it late i know and wont give me alot of experience in the amatures before i do but would have time to sort the weight thing out.

Comment

Originally posted by stocks01 View Post
            But im 29 so getting old i was hoping to turn pro by 32 leaving it late i know and wont give me alot of experience in the amatures before i do but would have time to sort the weight thing out.
            If you're 29 already then go up to heavyweight, only gets harder to keep your weight down the older you get.

Plus the pro heavyweight division is crap right now so I'm sure you could vbe world champ no probs!!

Comment

Sven your so rite cheers mate not sure about heavy weight pro but if i can put 3 stone of muscle on then im laughing

Comment

Try lighheavyweight instead then?

Comment

Man, I exactly know what you mean and your doubts about weight.I am 6.1 and my trainer always brag how I need to stay at light-heavy even though I want to come to middleweight.He doesn't allow me to dehydratate for weigh ins.

Comment

Working...
                  X