No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia, he's a great trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Garcia, he's a great trainer

Robert Garcia led both of his fighters to victory tonight, and he had a perfect game plan for both. And more importantly, his fighters LISTEN to him.

I noticed it especially in the Donaire fight, as soon as round 1 or 2 (can't remember but it was early) was over he knew that Nishioka would hold his glove up in that position for the entire fight, as he knew that Donaire's left hook was bad news. So he immediately told Donaire to stop looking for the big left, and shift to the right hook and straight rights. Donaire ended up KO'ing him with the right. And the first KD was from a left uppercut.

Good stuff Garcia!
    Yes
    88.46%
    No
    7.69%
    He's meh
    3.85%

Fock no. Margarito permanently damaged. Not protective of Ortiz. If Rios had been hit like a bobblehead doll, he wouldn't stop the fight.

Great trainers know when to stop and protect the fighters. Remember the corner who stopped Frazier vs Ali III?

Robert is just lucky Rios is in the upper echelon of the Mexican chin. Dayum he ate up those punches good.

Comment

He gives fighters all the right advice, definitely the type of trainer I'd love to have in my corner. He told Rios all the right stuff, told him not to attack from the outside because Alvarado is landing that looping right hook, that may not sound like much but it's plain and basic advice, kind of stuff you wouldn't hear in Roach's corner. Roach would have probably been like "Your getting hit son".

Comment

I heard an interview with Garcia recently and he said that he only sees Nonito once a week during the training camps, so I don't know if he's actually his main trainer.

Comment

He's a good trainer AND coach imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            He gives fighters all the right advice, definitely the type of trainer I'd love to have in my corner. He told Rios all the right stuff, told him not to attack from the outside because Alvarado is landing that looping right hook, that may not sound like much but it's plain and basic advice, kind of stuff you wouldn't hear in Roach's corner. Roach would have probably been like "Your getting hit son".
            LOL.

Garcia was giving him the same advice cuz he was getting hit by the same shots.
            What changed the fight was not the advice from Garcia. It was a blind right hand (look at the video) that Rio threw and landed on Alvarado. Lucky punch?! You be the judge.

Looking at the video, I didn't think Rios was even looking there...but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              LOL.

Garcia was giving him the same advice cuz he was getting hit by the same shots.
              What changed the fight was not the advice from Garcia. It was a blind right hand (look at the video) that Rio threw and landed on Alvarado. Lucky punch?! You be the judge.

Looking at the video, I didn't think Rios was even looking there...but who knows.
              Yeah and so was Donaire's KO of Monitel, Garcia's KO of Khan, Martinez of PWill ect

It wasn't a lucky shot bro.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
                Yeah and so was Donaire's KO of Monitel, Garcia's KO of Khan, Martinez of PWill ect

It wasn't a lucky shot bro.
                Riiiiiiight. TBH, Donaire did not really impress me the last 3 fights.

Comment

I thought Robert's instructions were on point tonight, for both fights. Good trainer.

Comment

What changed the fight was the big shot Rios landed on Alvarado. Even though I thought Alvarado could have lasted and knew where he was and had his hands up, it wasn't a terrible stoppage. Alvarado was up 4-2 though. I'd definitely want to see a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X