No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer: Shawn Porter might fight Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Schaefer: Shawn Porter might fight Keith Thurman

Richard Schaefer announced on Ringside yesterday that Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman are looking to fight in the spring time, before the mandatory, Kell Brook, gets his shot at the title in June.

This is news to me, first of all. Has any of you guys heard about it?

And who wins?

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...ayweather-bout
    Thurman TKO/KO
    53.52%
    Thurman Points
    18.31%
    Porter TKO/KO
    1.41%
    Porter Points
    25.35%
    Draw
    1.41%

The poll is expired.

Keith "One Time For Your Mind" Thurman beats him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In my opinion Thurman is the next big thing in boxing. He will annihilate Porter. Though I dohbt that fight gets made. Brooke deserves it more

Comment

good fight. my bet would be on thurman. porter might be a bit quicker, but i think thurman has more craft and is a better hitter.

Comment

I'm torn on this one.

Not really sold on Thurman's chin, but then again Porter is not really a big puncher. I'm leaning towards Thurman to land the better punches and maybe even stop him. But Porter could outwork him.

Undecided.

Comment

Stylistically I think this is a tough fight for Thurman. Can't call it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp
              I'm torn on this one.

Not really sold on Thurman's chin, but then again Porter is not really a big puncher. I'm leaning towards Thurman to land the better punches and maybe even stop him. But Porter could outwork him.

Undecided.
              Really? He took some shots from Chaves and that monster shot that he took from Soto Karass was just that... monstrous. And I don't think he saw it coming either. I can't recall now. Anyway, that could've taken anyone down or out. Ask Berto.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I would lean towards Thurman.

I know Devon Alexander has a rematch clause so it will all depend on what he decides.

Comment

Got the homie Thurman on this one. His upside and potential is there. I'd prefer him fight Maidana but Porter will give him a tough fight nonetheless.

Comment

This is a good fight . Porter dominated alexander and thurman is a big puncher . I like thurman in this fight but ive only saw porter fight once . Should be a good tilt

Comment

Working...
                    X