No announcement yet.

Billy Joe Saunders vs Willie Monroe Jr Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Joe Saunders vs Willie Monroe Jr Press Conference

Does BJS throw a bunch of ones on Monroe?

Comment

Damn good for Monroe Jr. getting another title shot. Let's see how Saunders handles this Southie vs the Lee type.

Comment

"Fit as a butchers dog" lol. Thats why I like watching UK sh^t. Y'all got some interesting sayings.

BJS "won" that presser since scoring pressers is a thing now.

Monroe eats at the PRican joint in my city that I love so I'm down for him more than BJS (although I dig BJS too), but Monroe legit looked like he might start crying when BJS brought up the "quitting" vs GGG stuff. Monroe did lil to represent himself well here. Still think this is gonna be a competitive & interesting fight where I think BJS is the favorite, but Monore has extremely solid upset potential cuz while Monroe can't hurt BJS idk that BJS can hurt Monroe either & I think Monroe might be the more crafty guy in there + BJS has been phoning it in for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          "Fit as a butchers dog" lol. Thats why I like watching UK sh^t. Y'all got some interesting sayings.

Monroe eats at the PRican joint in my city that I love so I'm down for him more than BJS (although I dig BJS too), but Monroe legit looked like he might start crying when BJS brought up the "quitting" vs GGG stuff. Monroe did lil to represent himself well here. Still think this is gonna be a competitive & interesting fight where I think BJS is the favorite, but Monore has extremely solid upset potential cuz while Monroe can't hurt BJS idk that BJS can hurt Monroe either & I think Monroe might be the more crafty guy in there + BJS has been phoning it in for awhile.
          Monroe would be a very easy fighter to rob though, and it'd probably be like the Froch vs Dirrell decision where few people even cared that it went the wrong way since the fight was so boring

Comment

When BJS called Monroe a quitter that was one of the few times where a boxer legitimately looked shook pre-fight.

Billy can talk, that's for sure. Maybe Willie really is mentally weak.

Comment

Pitty pat fest of a fight. I think Saunders is a tricky Gypsy and the better boxer. He should win.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

This ^ and this >

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                Monroe would be a very easy fighter to rob though, and it'd probably be like the Froch vs Dirrell decision where few people even cared that it went the wrong way since the fight was so boring
                It actually has the makings of quite a competitive fight even if it might - if both go by their standard MO - turn out to be ... erm ... one for the 'purists'. What I'm actually hoping is that Slick Willie understands that the odds tilt precipitously away from him getting the nod if he fights in his normal style and that he chooses to box with a little more urgency - preferably taking it to Saunders some in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  It actually has the makings of quite a competitive fight even if it might - if both go by their standard MO - turn out to be ... erm ... one for the 'purists'.
                  LOL but yea. And I consider myself a guy who can appreciate a slobber knocker fight + "purists" fights so I'm gonna enjoy this fight while people dog this fight in between my rbr scoring probably.

What I'm actually hoping is that Slick Willie understands that the odds tilt precipitously away from him getting the nod if he fights in his normal style and that he chooses to box with a little more urgency - preferably taking it to Saunders some in the late rounds.
                  If Willie is as smart as I think he is he'll know this going in & try to win rounds as dominate as possible as often as he can + try to go hard in the last 30 or so seconds to maybe even steal some of the closer rounds or just put a lil extra on rounds he gots in the bag.

If he's running around counting down the clock in the 11th round or not pushing the pace for the full 12 rounds then he leaves himself open to not get his work appreciated with a W.

Comment

Working...
                  X