No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    You're telling me that Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto weren't good fights at the times he fought them???

Well than Manny fighting Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez when he did must suck as well, right???

And even though Floyd-JMM at the time it was fought was bull crap, he should get his due for whupping Marquez. Marquez has since proved he can fight at WW and be world class carrying that weight.
    Yeah they were decent enough fights even though there are grumbles from some about each one.

What are you going on about with Manny in the second paragraph? You've lost me.

Floyd - Marquez. No doubt a great performance by Floyd. Complete dominance. The fight was however tainted. Marquez had never before fought above 135 pounds and he fought at 130 pounds as recently as March 2008. The fight was scheduled to take place at a catchweight of 144 lbs but as we know Floyd comes in at 146 pounds. This does lead to some feeling that the victory was a tainted victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
      Floyd - Marquez. No doubt a great performance by Floyd. Complete dominance. The fight was however tainted. Marquez had never before fought above 135 pounds and he fought at 130 pounds as recently as March 2008. The fight was scheduled to take place at a catchweight of 144 lbs but as we know Floyd comes in at 146 pounds. This does lead to some feeling that the victory was a tainted victory.
      I don't deny any of that but I feel styles make fights, and even now I would struggle to see how Marquez could steal more than 4-6 rounds. Underrated performance.

Comment

• gotta love how delusional the clowns are in this thread. Pac gets creamed so they hate on Floyd. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          Amazing that he has been p4p top 10 since 1998,he has seen them come and go yet he remains undefeated and on top once again p4p #1 at the age of 35 soon to be 36,He is 43-0 a 8 time champ(should be 9 just didnt pay for shanes belt)in 5 divisions no other fighter in the history of this sport has won 8 titles in 5 divisions and remained undefeated,over half of his fights have been title fights.Manny had a stint on top and all the hype,yet Floyd just kept defeating current champions coming off of big wins,no smoke and mirror act,no catch weight titles. Now it appears he will fight 2 more current champions in 2013 at the age of 36 and if he defeats them both he can retire 45-0 with possible 9(should be 10)world titles and maybe even possibly add 1 more lineal title to his resume,this guy is hated so much on here because of his perfection,this guy is a boxing god
          I used to really be a Mayweather fan but I have just lost respect for him. He doesn't really care about fighting the best fighters. He just cares of preserving the 0. Im paraphrasing he even stated once let these guys go around fighting each other beating each other up. He would never fight a fight he did not think he could win. Great fighter but does not like testing himself by fighting the dangerous fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
            Yeah they were decent enough fights even though there are grumbles from some about each one.

What are you going on about with Manny in the second paragraph? You've lost me.

now if JMM had beaten Floyd, what would you have said then?

Comment

• Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
              I used to really be a Mayweather fan but I have just lost respect for him. He doesn't really care about fighting the best fighters. He just cares of preserving the 0. Im paraphrasing he even stated once let these guys go around fighting each other beating each other up. He would never fight a fight he did not think he could win. Great fighter but does not like testing himself by fighting the dangerous fights.
              describe what a dangerous fight is? if you review his record HONESTLY, in what division did he not fight the best?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                gotta love how delusional the clowns are in this thread. Pac gets creamed so they hate on Floyd. haha
                In the end, thats all they have left. Imagine if Manny hadn't tried to get Cotto to fight at a CW?

Comment

• Don't even know why an inactive boxer is in top ten. Inactivity = fear of losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                    gotta love how delusional the clowns are in this thread. Pac gets creamed so they hate on Floyd. haha
                    Most of the real Pac fans are quiet. The rest just hate Floyd and post about him all the time. In other words, they're his biggest fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      In the end, thats all they have left. Imagine if Manny hadn't tried to get Cotto to fight at a CW?
                      Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Most of the real Pac fans are quiet. The rest just hate Floyd and post about him all the time. In other words, they're his biggest fans.
                      Exactly.

I loved how they are the ones saying Floyd should have been the one to KO Pac but he was too scared. Gotta love their rationale.

Comment

Working...
                      X