Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheecharin View Post
    you rarely see that in l.a. bro
    that's because of la eme.

before a lot of mexicans were in black gangs and dressed/talked black.

that changed because they started getting checked by other southsiders in jail , ya , pen , etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

that changed because they started getting checked by other southsiders in jail , ya , pen , etc.
      This:...

Some old school Mexican/hispanic gangs like 18th Street and Clanton 14 st. Use to allow blacks to join if they grew up in their neighborhood

That was before La Eme

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        This:...

Some old school Mexican/hispanic gangs like 18th Street and Clanton 14 st. Use to allow blacks to join if they grew up in their neighborhood

That was before La Eme
        they still allow blacks and whites to join mexican gangs. they have to roll sur in the pen though no matter what.

at least 18th st.

clanton was pretty much gone during my time. they lost their barrio because of the freeway expansion.

they only had a small clique left in north hollywood by the time i was in high school.

Comment

they still allow blacks and whites to join mexican gangs. they have to roll sur in the pen though no matter what.

at least 18th st.

clanton was pretty much gone during my time. they lost their barrio because of the freeway expansion.

they only had a small clique left in north hollywood by the time i was in high school.
          That's just stupid.

Gangs who are named after their nationality backgrounds (Mexican mafia, Italian gangsters etc) should just change it if they're going to allow members of a different culture.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
            That's just stupid.

Gangs who are named after their nationality backgrounds (Mexican mafia, Italian gangsters etc) should just change it if they're going to allow members of a different culture.
            every group has a friend that is not the same nationality/race as them.

you see it all the time.

same with gangs.

Comment

every group has a friend that is not the same nationality/race as them.

you see it all the time.

same with gangs.
              I know that.

I'm just saying if you're going to allow a group of people who AREN'T the same background as you into a gang that is for people of your background then the name of the gang should change. It's common sense .

A Latino in a Chinese gang doesn't look good, same goes for a Black member in a Mexican gang.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                I know that.

I'm just saying if you're going to allow a group of people who AREN'T the same background as you into a gang that is for people of your background then the name of the gang should change. It's common sense .

A Latino in a Chinese gang doesn't look good, same goes for a Black member in a Mexican gang.
                it happens.

but remember most gang names are cities or neighborhoods.

mostly asian gangs have racial/nationality names.

most black and latino gang names are based on location. whether street , neighborhood , block , city , etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Snorteens are the definition of Mayateros.
                  and yes Mayate is a racial slur it's a dung beetle.

here you won't find too many blacks and hispanics kicking it together.
                  Damn Maniac, what the hell does the bolded part mean? You always bring up that California Chicano slang.

Comment

I grew up in LA, did my share of bangin and NEVER heard one Chicano talk or act black.

It is true that some of the older gangs used to allow whites and blacks in the ranks, one of the founders of La Eme is a white dude, I forgot his name but he was actually a gringo.

I have never though heard anyone from my time (I was doing **** in the 80's) ever talk or act black. If anything, blacks imitated us in the way we dressed and the low rider culture which was started by Chicano's in LA and western states.

Comment

Originally posted by PaisaRED View Post
                      Damn Maniac, what the hell does the bolded part mean? You always bring up that California Chicano slang.
                      Los Norteños...........

Comment

Working...
                      X