Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Explains "F*** You Tweet" To Mayweather-McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If he didn't mention he's butthurt he's bsing. Stupid mfer shoulda been at the fight & had GGG vs Canelo there promoting his own fight but when you let butthurtness get the best of you you work counter to your own best interests & don't even realize thats what you're doing.

put yourself in oscars situation for a second. you about to make the biggest fight of the year than floyd announces the connor circus WEEKS before your event. how the hell you gonna be cool like nothing happen then act like its oscars fault for making a real fight not a **** show. the term butthurt gets thrown around here for anyone who disagrees for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      put yourself in oscars situation for a second. you about to make the biggest fight of the year than floyd announces the connor circus WEEKS before your event. how the hell you gonna be cool like nothing happen then act like its oscars fault for making a real fight not a **** show. the term butthurt gets thrown around here for anyone who disagrees for the most part.
      There is a bigger picture here doe & Oscar 40 something years old + is the President of one of the biggest most influential promotions in the business. You act like a professional & use what you can use to your advantage not act like a 8th grader upset his mom is treating him like a child still. And you don't talk about their fight & how bad you think it is, you talk about your fight & how good it'll be. Oscar has largely spent his time over the last several weeks dogging Floyd vs Conor instead of hyping GGG vs Canelo. He's too emotional about sh^t like this. Its a leak in his game.

Comment

Don't do coke and tweet is the message here folks.

Comment

My problem with this fishnet wearing mother ****er is that he pretends like he didn't just rob the fans of their "hard earned money" with the bs Chavez fight a few months ago. That Liam Smith fight was trash too and on ppv. Oscar needs to just shut the **** up already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            It's the truth belief. Look at how many boxers got more popular after the beat DLH. Tito, Mosley, Hopkins, and even Pacquiao. I love how you dudes love to bring up Gatti like it was some WOW accomplishment. DLH destroyed him before Mayweather and it wasn't one of his biggest wins. Mayweather rode the big wave after the Oscar fight, he knew what he was doing. Without that wave, Mayweather wouldn't have been where he is at now. I have no doubt in my mind.
            Tito was already popular when he fought Oscar. That's why the PPV was so successful. We did see an uptick of popularity for Mosely but I think that had more to do with how the fight played out. Hopkins' popularity didn't budge. The reason the Gatti fight got such buzz because he already became a legend with Ward series. He was a way more popular fighter that when he fought De la Hoya. A lot of people tuned into the fight and got to see Mayweather's skill against a guy a lot of people thought of as a legend. I also think you're underestimating the success of the 24/7 series where Mayweather was undoubtedly the star. Oscar looked pretty boring compared to Mayweather. People tuned into the see this guy fight De la Hoya and the rest is history.
            Last edited by HarvardBlue; 08-31-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              There is a bigger picture here doe & Oscar 40 something years old + is the President of one of the biggest most influential promotions in the business. You act like a professional & use what you can use to your advantage not act like a 8th grader upset his mom is treating him like a child still. And you don't talk about their fight & how bad you think it is, you talk about your fight & how good it'll be. Oscar has largely spent his time over the last several weeks dogging Floyd vs Conor instead of hyping GGG vs Canelo. He's too emotional about sh^t like this. Its a leak in his game.

let me ask you something, why do you think the floyd/mc circus was WEEKS before the canelo fight? I mean why not make it into a huge event and do it for 2018 or better yet in december of this year? truth is its actually floyd and his people who hate oscar, floyd hates the fact that oscar won gold in the olympics and that oscar is referred to as the golden boy. floyd hates it that people outside this forum actually admire oscar for the person he is for what he's done inside and outside the ring. oscar is in no way an angel or saint just saying the truth. 90% of the time oscar mentions floyds name is because he's asked about it or his opinion. I'm not sure how the whole oscar is jealous of floyd thing got started but its actually kind of funny. was oscar wrong for the immature tweet? absolutely, did he have a good reason to be upset? oh yes.

Comment

Oscar had plenty of time to make the Canelo GGG fight. It should have happened after the Khan fight. That's two dates to make it happen, Sept and May. So it's their fault that they even gave Floyd a chance to do that sucker move before the big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  Oscar had plenty of time to make the Canelo GGG fight. It should have happened after the Khan fight. That's two dates to make it happen, Sept and May. So it's their fault that they even gave Floyd a chance to do that sucker move before the big fight.

I completely disagree with this poster. if thats the case the same can the said of all the fight the fans want to see. yet you take no time in to realize canelo asked for the MAY and SEP dates few years back. lets get one thing straight before we go further. it was floyd who wanted to hold onto those same mexican holiday dates, so since floyd retired and the IRS people came knocking he decided to pull this stunt. hell if i was oscar i would be pissed as hell to.

Comment

I completely disagree with this poster. if thats the case the same can the said of all the fight the fans want to see. yet you take no time in to realize canelo asked for the MAY and SEP dates few years back. lets get one thing straight before we go further. it was floyd who wanted to hold onto those same mexican holiday dates, so since floyd retired and the IRS people came knocking he decided to pull this stunt. hell if i was oscar i would be pissed as hell to.
                    Bro I'm not even talking about the dates exactly. What I'm saying is Oscar had chances to make the big GGG fight after Canelo blasted Khan. Instead they had Canelo fight Smith in September and then Chavez in May.

Comment

let me ask you something, why do you think the floyd/mc circus was WEEKS before the canelo fight? I mean why not make it into a huge event and do it for 2018 or better yet in december of this year?
                      Absolutely no clue what that has to do with Oscar's actions.

truth is its actually floyd and his people who hate oscar, floyd hates the fact that oscar won gold in the olympics and that oscar is referred to as the golden boy. floyd hates it that people outside this forum actually admire oscar for the person he is for what he's done inside and outside the ring. oscar is in no way an angel or saint just saying the truth. 90% of the time oscar mentions floyds name is because he's asked about it or his opinion. I'm not sure how the whole oscar is jealous of floyd thing got started but its actually kind of funny. was oscar wrong for the immature tweet? absolutely, did he have a good reason to be upset? oh yes.
                      Again what does it matter whats Floyd's stance? How you act is how you act in Oscar's situation. And Oscar misplayed his hand by talking about Floyd vs Conor more than his own fight for the past month or whatever. Ignoring Floyd vs Conor was the obviously move + talking about GGG vs Canelo every time people come up to you here.

I don't give a f#ck if he's upset or not behind the scenes. I think most people would be upset in Oscar's shoes if the biggest fight of all time got put in front of my big fight...but behind the scenes be upset. His approach outwardly to the public shoulda been completely the opposite of what it was. It was unprofessional of him & just bad business to his own promotion.

Comment

Working...
                      X