The Rock: "Rugby is tougher than American Football"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rock: "Rugby is tougher than American Football"

The Rock has played both...

"I use to live in New Zealand for sometime and I went to school in New Zealand and I played rugby. I have been very lucky, I played American football for a very long time, American professional wrestling for a very long time and had my fair share of action in Hollywood … there is no tougher sport than rugby.

"And for those who have played it and understand the game know what I am talking about and those who don’t and I have this argument with my American buddies all the time who are great football players and I tell them 'so as amazing as you are in football I want you to take all your pads off including your helmet and go play the game and see how long you last'. So no I don’t wish I was playing.”

It is all relative.

Comment

He's not wrong. American Football teams also have a **** load of time to recover in between plays.

Comment

Rugby is probably more demanding physically, but I'd imagine that it would easier to become a professional rugby player than it would be getting into the NFL.

Comment

My main job was to destroy the fast players, I never even looked at the ball. I dumped every **** I got my hands on. Once I accidentally dropped someone from 6 foot onto their head and got sent off?

Comment

I've said that all along, those guys wouldn't last a quarter without all that gear on.

Comment

of course it is. rugby is American football without equipment.

Comment

Rugby players are a joke compared to the massive size, speed and strength of NFL players, even a lot of the college players are much bigger and stronger than rugby players. "B-b-b-but rugby players can run longer!!!111" lol.

NFL players don't hold back when they hit each other, they launch themselves at full force thanks to the pads.

Good luck taking a hit from a 6'7 290lb defensive end like Julius Peppers with blazing speed and amazing strength. And no he's not fat, he's got just 6% body fat and is considered a finesse player.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Rugby players are a joke compared to the massive size, speed and strength of NFL players, even a lot of the college players are much bigger and stronger than rugby players. "B-b-b-but rugby players can run longer!!!111" lol.

NFL players don't hold back when they hit each other, they launch themselves at full force thanks to the pads.

Good luck taking a hit from a 6'7 290lb defensive end like Julius Peppers with blazing speed and amazing strength. And no he's not fat, he's got just 6% body fat and is considered a finesse player.

Comment

How many NFL stars are roided up? A hell of a lot.

Rugby >>> NFL

All that padding and helmet ****

Comment

Working...
                    X