No announcement yet.

Poll: Duran vs Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Duran vs Mayweather.

Im talking about them at their primes at their best. not fat "No mas" duran.

I voted duran cause im a duran nuthugger(look at my avatar)....

seruiously though i think durans fients would throw money off...

and his defence would keep him from getting caught over and over again like hatton did.

duran by close decision

sorry if this tread has been done before jsut wanted to know what other people think.
    Duran
    71.43%
    Mayweather
    28.57%

It is an interesting contrast of styles, if Duran can make it more of an inside fight he should win but if Floyd kept it on the mostly outside and made sure not to let the fight play to Duran's strengths I think Floyd stands a good shot.

Also I would have to say a 12 rounder would favor Floyd while a 15 rounder would favor Duran.

Comment

yeah duran had underrated defense. he had very good head movement imo. I could see floyd vs duran be like floyd vs hatton minus the KO because duran was indeed a much smarter fighter than Hatton and he also hit harder too. I could see a hungry prime Duran beating Floyd by a close decision unless of course Floyd were to fight toe-to-toe with duran, then duran would probably have a better chance at beating floyd by UD or even stoppage.
      Last edited by Bermuda; 07-21-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Wifebeater couldn't keep Hatton off him because he does not have good footwork like Leonard did. Duran would rape Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          yeah duran had underrated defense. he had very good head movement imo. I could see floyd vs duran be like floyd vs hatton minus the KO because duran was indeed a much smarter fighter than Hatton and he also hit harder too. I could see a hungry prime Duran beating Floyd by a close decision unless of course Floyd were to fight toe-to-toe with duran, then duran would probably have a better chance at beating floyd by UD or even stoppage.
          durans defens was subtle he woulld roll with the punches and make guys miss by just a little.

the hatton fight is a good example of how a infighter with good defnese would really mess with him...

but fat duran unmotivated would be out boxed.

Comment

Working...
          X