No announcement yet.

Supplements for intense cardio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplements for intense cardio?

I'm running/jogging/sprinting again early mornings and would like to start taking supplements for cardio if there are any.

I did some research and mostly I came up with were supplements for weight training.

Though I'm looking for something for cardio that builds endurance etc.

Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
    I'm running/jogging/sprinting again early mornings and would like to start taking supplements for cardio if there are any.

I did some research and mostly I came up with were supplements for weight training.

BCAAs and Creatine help with endurance.

You should also check out Endura by metagenics, its sort of a natural preworkout that doesn't get you all cracked out and helps with hydration.

Beef liver is the other one I'd recommend.

Comment

I don't know the brand names of any, but there are banned substances that help deliver oxygen to muscle cells during intense activity. Oxydrene or something might be one of them.

Comment

Why do u want to use supplements once you’re in shape it seems as if u can run at a certain pace forever

Comment

Originally posted by leathernvouges View Post
          Why do u want to use supplements once you’re in shape it seems as if u can run at a certain pace forever
          Thing is. I'm not really in shape as of "yet."

Not as fit as I was once, slowly getting back into it.

Comment

That Victor Conte supplement worked for me when I got back into running a lot years ago. You should try it out. Aerobitine I think it's called

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              That Victor Conte supplement worked for me when I got back into running a lot years ago. You should try it out. Aerobitine I think it's called
              Cheers mate. And thanks to everyone who responded.

I ended up getting some "creatine" thought I'd give it a try.. first time taking pre-workout supplements.

The run/jog pre before that I was drinking black coffee and realized it wasn't working

But yeah.. thoughts?

Let's just hope I don't get a heart attack when I take this then go for my cardio work-out :lo1:

Comment

Harsh truth, unless you are elite, ie top 0.5% in the USA, supplements are POINTLESS.

They have no benefit to you or anyone else.

Wake up, drink some coffee, and get to running.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  Harsh truth, unless you are elite, ie top 0.5% in the USA, supplements are POINTLESS.

They have no benefit to you or anyone else.

Wake up, drink some coffee, and get to running.
                  Been trying this for the past few weeks. Black coffee was doing jack.

I'm just hoping these will work. Worth a try but meh.

Comment

Quite honestly, though there are a few "performance-specific" supplements that might be of value to you--for example, beta-alanine--I would advise you at this point to save your money, and here is why--any supplements you use may enable you to perform at a marginally higher level. They will not, however, cause you to adapt to exercise more quickly or confer lasting benefits once you are no longer taking them. Nor will they make the experience easier.

The only supplement I would suggest in your case would be coffee or coffee/water + 1 caffeine tablet to help get you out the door--if your system thrives on caffeine (mine does).

In your case, any supplements I would suggest would be general-purpose "health" supplements--magnesium, vitamins D and K2, etc.--depending on your diet and your needs.

WRT running--build an aerobic base first, add the fast stuff later; google Arthur Lydiard training for more info.

Comment

Working...
                    X