No announcement yet.

Iranian boxers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranian boxers...

I am wondering how good are iranians at boxing. I myself am from iran and people are really in to wrestling and judo and soccer.

But I am wondering how many iranians compete at a higher level????

Hmm, I know there have been a number of Iranian champs over the years Mahyar Monshipour comes to mind, he was a decent champ at 126 recently. Not sure if he's still fighting. His fight against Thai fighter Somsak Sithchatchawal in 2006 was Fight of the Year (awesome fight).

I don't know what kind of boxing programs they have in Iran I know they won a few medals in 2006, I don't think they won any most recently.

Like you said Iranians are mostly into other sports, which is why you don't see too many Persian fighters, and when you do they mostly fight out of other countries (for example Mahyar Monshipour fights out of France).

Again, it all really depends on what kind of boxing programs they have in Iran. I'm guessing it's not good, or else we'd see a lot more Persians in the Olympics and at the pro level.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 04-28-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I think there is a German based fighter who was born in Iran. I know Murat is from Iraq.

Comment

Working...
      X