No announcement yet.

Remember Yori Boy Campas...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Yori Boy Campas...

Man just looked on boxrec to see when this guy retired and he last fought this year in July. He was one of the first fighters I watched and stuck out because he used to bring some guy in the ring to dance around to take the bad spirits out if I remember correctly. This guy has fought 118 fights and still fights just to make a living. Man he has literally given his whole life to boxing. Much Respect to Mr. Campas.

Definitely one of my favorite fighters. I thought the Campas vs. Duddy fight was FOTY back in 06............that was a great fight, should have been a draw.
    Last edited by UTEP; 11-20-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I've wondered about this too. especially considering his style.

Comment

Dude has 100 ****ing wins. A real throwback fighter, respect.

Comment

Hoooly sheeit! "Yori Boy" is still kicking around? lmfao

From Boxrec: Luis Ramon "Yori Boy" Campas, born 8/6/71 (41-years-old). 100 wins (79 KO), 17 losses (9 KO), 1 draw.

First fight versus Gaby Vega, 7/11/87(!), Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico. Last fight versus Les Sherrington, 7/28/12, Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia.

Campas fought a lot of notables, including Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, Fernando Vargas and Oba Carr.

Comment

Campas, i use to watch him as kid, real old school fighter, this man deserves respect has dedicated his life to boxing incredible

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              Definitely one of my favorite fighters. I thought the Campas vs. Duddy fight was FOTY back in 06............that was a great fight, should have been a draw.
              awesome fight, both guys hurt each other several times, campas was gassing and let go just to regain strenght and come back, watched it on a stream of the MSG network...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Hoooly sheeit! "Yori Boy" is still kicking around? lmfao

From Boxrec: Luis Ramon "Yori Boy" Campas, born 8/6/71 (41-years-old). 100 wins (79 KO), 17 losses (9 KO), 1 draw.

First fight versus Gaby Vega, 7/11/87(!), Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico. Last fight versus Les Sherrington, 7/28/12, Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia.

Campas fought a lot of notables, including Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, Fernando Vargas and Oba Carr.
                thats 25 years of straight fighting, his nose looks like that of a bulldog, duran fought in 4 different decades, same campas, similar record, duran 103W 16L...
                Last edited by controlmachete; 11-20-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
                  thats 25 years of straight fighting, his nose looks like that of a bulldog, duran fought in 4 different decades, same campas, similar record, duran 103W 16L...
                  You usually only see those kinds of records on guys from decades back, like pre-1980. I hope Campas doesn't sustain any permanent issues from all those bouts; but I have to admit, it psyches me up to see that he's still fighting! Hat's off to "Yori Boy"!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    You usually only see those kinds of records on guys from decades back, like pre-1980. I hope Campas doesn't sustain any permanent issues from all those bouts; but I have to admit, it psyches me up to see that he's still fighting! Hat's off to "Yori Boy"!
                    yeah, so far i can remember jose luis ramirez, he had over 100 fights too, the amazing thing is that he only fought like 12 years, all those guys have something in common, they were rugged tough motherfukers...

Comment

Working...
                    X