No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez....what would you do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez....what would you do?

Do you keep him away from Floyd Mayweather which seems like an almost certain loss for the next few years and let him go his own way and build his name.

.....Or do you throw him in there next year have him most likely lose but become more popular from the name power of Mayweather?

In boxing people love a winner and after you lose your 0 its very rare that you'll be as big as you were before ever again, its becoming even more like this in recent years.

IMO he has a problem on his hands with P-Will. This fight should be a good indicator as to where he should go next win or lose.
    Last edited by Merciless1; 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Don't worry Wlliams will take care of that. I don't know why GBP set up Alverez vs Williams, Williams is a work horse and if thing get ugly Williams will knock his azz out.

Comment

I think Canelo hits too hard for Pwill and his defense is solid enough to block most of those punches.

Pwill will get tagged all night, maybe koed.

Comment

He wants mayweather for the paycheck

i just want him to continue fighting relevant fighters and then when he's ready, go in for the actual win on the top dogs, not just a paycheck

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post

i just want him to continue fighting relevant fighters and then when he's ready, go in for the actual win on the top dogs, not just a paycheck
            Agreed.

Also he needs to train with Nacho B., take his game to the next level.

Comment

I want to see canello fight cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                I want to see canello fight cotto.
                yea, cotto should fight lara, molina, kirkland or any top 154lb n the winners fight each other

canelo vs cotto great fight, but paul williams is real good the motivation he will get to beat canelo will make a great fight, its a toss up

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  yea, cotto should fight lara, molina, kirkland or any top 154lb n the winners fight each other

canelo vs cotto great fight, but paul williams is real good the motivation he will get to beat canelo will make a great fight, its a toss up
                  Agreed...good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post

why is he rushing for a paycheck?

He's already making great money being groomed to be the next ppv star not to mention he's already a big celebrity in mexico.

why rush his development? Even the fight with paul williams is somewhat of a huge gamble.

There's a reason why golden boy promotions have yet to fully developed a young fighter into a great championship star boxer.

Comment

Working...
                    X