Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems like I missed a great night of boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like I missed a great night of boxing.

Would someone breakdown what happened. All I know is that Kirkland got sonned by some unknown Japanese guy, and that Cortez ended it early again.

Kirkland dedicated his first loss to the victims of the tsunami. The win gives pride to the Japanese people.

Just my conspiracy theory.

Comment

Kirkland has no chin and defense, he got caught went down got up tried bullying the kid got hit a few more times when down got up and still tried bullying the kid but got dropped again

cortez did the right thing stopping it

Comment

Seriously, the Morales-Maidana was an awesome fight. I need to download the HBO version......I watched the Skysports one.

Comment

Kirkland still makes me laugh.

If you missed Maidana-Morales, you should watch it asap. GREAT fight!

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            Would someone breakdown what happened. All I know is that Kirkland got sonned by some unknown Japanese guy, and that Cortez ended it early again.
            Cortez didn't end the fight early...Kirkland was down 3x in the first round the third time he could barely get up. I think Cortez could have counted his wobbly ass out if he wouldn't have gotten up.

Comment

Cortez pretty much slammed Kirkland to the mat so he wouldn't get up. It was one of the most overboard actions by a referee I have ever seen. He would of choked James had James pushed him off him.

Comment

Kirkland got dropped 3 times and was hurt each time. Good stoppage in my view, Kirkland lost fair and square

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                  Cortez didn't end the fight early...Kirkland was down 3x in the first round the third time he could barely get up. I think Cortez could have counted his wobbly ass out if he wouldn't have gotten up.
                  What do you mean he could barely get up? By the count of 4 James had his elbows pointed in a way to push yourself up and as soon as Cortez put a knee into him he gave him a look like wtf are you doing. Cortez stepped the line. Imagine if Cortez had reffed Manny V JMM 1. What pisses me off is James has been on the mat a lot and came back to win fights, you gotta let a guy fight.

Comment

Malignaggi did what pretty much everyone expected. Put on a clinic against a guy with no way of responding. He showed that he's still lightning fast with those combinations though.

Kirkland got dropped 3 times and pretty much showed us what was already clear before. He tried to say they were all flash knockdowns when he was clearly hurt lol

Guerrero-Katsidis was an exciting fight. Kats dropped him early with a shot to the ear but it wasn't called and he wasn't hurt anyways. But after that it was all Guerrero. He dismantled his face, but it was a 2 way, action packed fight. I was impressed.

Now Morales-Maidana was exactly what I predicted it to be. Morales' experience and skill overcame his clear disadvantages and he outboxed Chino for a while. He was slipping punches and beating him up inside. I was really impressed. If Morales hadn't started off so slowly and faded late he would have clearly won. I had it 114-114 but only one of the judges agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X