Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk To Return in February, Browne Pulls Out of Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk To Return in February, Browne Pulls Out of Eliminator

What's next for light heavyweight contender, Oleksandr Gvozdyk (14-0, 12 KO's), who is rated number two by the WBC (who's title is held by Adonis Stevenson)? "As you know the WBC ruled for a mandatory fight between Oleksandr Gvozdyk and Marcus Browne, Marcus Browne pulled out," said the manager of Gvozdyk, Egis Klimas, to BoxingScene.com.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That sucks for Gvozdyk. Hopefully they can put all these guys on the card together.
    Adonis-Jack
    Alvarez-Browne
    Gvozdyk-Bivol/Barrea

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
      That sucks for Gvozdyk. Hopefully they can put all these guys on the card together.
      Adonis-Jack
      Alvarez-Browne
      Gvozdyk-Bivol/Barrea
      LOL! That will never happen.

Comment

browne is a ****ing ***** ass coward. was looking forward to seeing this cheater get KO'd.

Comment

Browne talked mad **** like he's willing to fight (whoever) and then does this.

Comment

Browne sucks.

Comment

Haha this ****ing guy. Looks like Alvarez has his next step aside payment lined up

Comment

Fuuck! That woulda beena good fight!

Comment

He should concentrate on working his way up another organizations rankings there's no way Stevenson would ever fight him or his mandatory. Even if Jack gets a shot at Stevenson you can bet he (maybe more Floyd) stay away from Gvozdyk.

IBF may be the quickest route especially if Top Rank complete the signing of Beterbiev.

Comment

Another Al Haymon fighter, another difficult opponent ducked. This is why Haymon boxers get no respect. For example, he actually has a few guys LATELY who have been chasing the best fights, unlike before, such as Spence, and who knows maybe even the Charlo twins (last year has been good, we'll see if it continues), and those are usually the guys I like, but I've been conditioned for so many years to expect Haymon boxers to duck the best that it's hard for me to even warm to them. Plus, Spence turned down Cotto to face Lamont Peterson... it will be hard to get over that one as a fan, ever. That was an opportunity for a star making fight for Spence and a mouth watering matchup for fans (more skilled, more prime Spence vs past prime, but possibly bigger... or possibly not... Cotto). I mean, Spence is actually a weight bully, so he probably would have had the size advantage over Cotto, too. But who knows. Spence had some issues with Brook, so that could have been a great fight. instead, we get the crappy Peterson fight.

So, I dislike Spence for doing that, but otherwise I would like him, except he's with Haymon. So I know to expect bull**** in the future, at least based on what's happened in the past. And that's why even when a few Haymon boxers do the right things, it's very difficult to like them as a fan, because at the end of the day they're still with Haymon, and Haymon still seems to steer their careers in ways that are bad for fans and bad for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X