Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Floyd's win over Marquez look after JMM's 3rd Pacquiao fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does floyd win look against De La Hoya when Pacquiao made him quit!

Comment

• What Mayweather did to Marquez was the same thing Winky did to Trinidad pitched a shutout.

Comment

• Originally posted by dde91 View Post
        how does floyd win look against De La Hoya when Pacquiao made him quit!
        When it comes to Manny, everything they (Floyd fans) said will be thrown out the window because its not about defending their hero Floyd.

Oscar held all the cards ..... Marquez didn't. It's easier to agree to the terms when you have all the cards .... Marquez just wanted to fight Floyd even if he was the only one who made the concessions on weight.

Funny how the guy(Floyd) who insists that all he wants is a fair fight calls out a guy who was fighting at 130 the year before. lol!

Comment

• Regardless, I would say Mayweather's win looks more impressive. And I'm a Pac fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            You are acting like this is what boxing should have more of. You know, a 130lbs fighter who had just 2 fights at 135lbs, should fight at 147lbs and when he loses to a true 147lbs, congratulate the 147lbs and call it a great win.

That is crazy in my books but I guess not in yours! lol!

When Marquez fought Floyd , it was a win win situation for only Marquez.
            When Marquez fought Manny, it was a win win situation for only Marquez.
            When Manny fought Oscar , it was a win win situation for only Manny.
            So you don't give Pacquiao credit for the Cotto fight since 2 lbs make such a difference? afterall Cotto wasn't allowed to weigh 147 for the Pacquiao fight, with Cotto being a true 147 lb fighter.......

*cue the Pacquiao double standards*

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
              So you don't give Pacquiao credit for the Cotto fight since 2 lbs make such a difference? afterall Cotto wasn't allowed to weigh 147 for the Pacquiao fight, with Cotto being a true 147 lb fighter.......

*cue the Pacquiao double standards*

In another post, I presented video clips of Cotto himself stating and laughing at the idea and said that could not be a cause of concern because he came in at 146lbs the prior fight. He said that prior to the fight, right after weigh-in and even after the fight, he didn't state that as the problem.

In fact, Cotto after weigh-in said he would be too big and strong for Manny.

Cotto went on to say why he lost post fight. Cotto said Manny was just too fast and couldn't see the punches coming.

There is a difference when a fighter admits to there will be no problem coming down 1lb and stating that he will be too strong for Manny AT WEIGH-IN interview and the circumstances that had unfolded between Floyd vs Marquez.

For you to even attempt to compare the two is childish at best .... I can say worse but I will leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadlikeme View Post
                manny pacquiao: Beating the top welterweights of 2007...since 2009
                hahahahahahahahahaha classic

Comment

• Why would we give Floyd any credit for cherry-picking an old out-of-shape guy two division below him? I give Floyd no credit for that fight, it looked as ridiculous then as it does now in retrospect. This fight shouldn't be mentioned in his resume as one of his 'good wins,' all fights (particularly those against 'name opponents' must be put in context).

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Floyd would dominant JMM at any weight at any time , JMM is a conventional taught boxer he is by the book , Floyd is gifted and not by the book his type dominates JMM type day in and day out .
                    Exactly...

BTW, for mine, Floyds win over JMM was impressive at the time...& still is. Whatever JMM & Pac did together makes no difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      maybe you don't know how to read.. I said on fight night. which most people agree and this is the reason he hasn't stepped on the unofficial scales since. see in boxing, you don't weigh the same amount you do at the weigh in for more than maybe 5 minutes.. after you blow back up to a comfortable weight. mayweather looked like a middleweight in there and most insiders said he was 155 to 160 on fight night.
                      Logic dictates that your assertion Floyd didn't bother making weight means that he would still be around the ball park of 146 on fight night. Floyd usually doesn't balloon in weight so 155 to 160 is just a silly statement.

As penance for such a moronic statement, take down E. Stewards image now! LOL
                      Last edited by Dazzaman; 11-19-2012, 03:03 AM. Reason: Wrong word

Comment

Working...
                      X