Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Is paying hush money to settle a personal matter, such as an affair, a crime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason only 20 votes is the question is not relevant to Trumps situation. It was obviously posed in a manner to illicit a positive response.

Comment

Directing someone to make a payment, in this case hush money, in an effort to influence an election is illegal. If Cohen made this payment without Trumps direction Trump is off the hook. If however Cohen has proof Trump orchestrated this payment Trump is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        Directing someone to make a payment, in this case hush money, in an effort to influence an election is illegal. If Cohen made this payment without Trumps direction Trump is off the hook. If however Cohen has proof Trump orchestrated this payment Trump is in trouble.
        You think so eh? Have you looked up Buckley v. Velao yet? Have you looked up the Edwards case yet?
        Cohen is Trump's Atty. I'm pretty sure a atty directs his client to make these kinds of moves. Cohen paid with his own money and Trump paid him back.
        Now unless more info comes out Trump will be fine.

Comment

I know the Edwards case well. Apples and oranges. In the end they could not prove if the money Edwards friends provided was a payoff to influence the election or paid to prevent his wife terminally ill with cancer from finding out about the affair.

I’m thinking more and more something very serious is going down soon. I’m from NY and it was widely understood here that Trump was third generation real estate mafia. Not from a violence standpoint but in terms of strongarming and not paying their bills. With so many decades that have past the investigation is going to hit him very hard. I’ll make a bet money laundering is going to be one of them.

Comment

Sad our country is allowing the administrative state to destroy a great American President. Then again, the idiots of our country are too busy trying to decide if he's more like Adolf Hitler or John Gotti. I guess Rudy Giulliani is mobbed up too? ffs
            Last edited by creekrat77; 08-24-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

No one gets destroyed unless they are guilty of a crime. If he is guilty he needs to be brought to justice just like any other citizen. However more than likely if true this will just end in an impeachment. Trump then goes back to his lavish lifestyle lying every day to his sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
                Obama was guilty of campaign finance violations... guess what’s the punishment?
                So he got investigated and got punished. Cool

Comment

Obamas issue was investigated and it was determined that there was no intent to deceive. Just an error.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                    So he got investigated and got punished. Cool
                    Fined $375k then the media buried the story

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                      Obamas issue was investigated and it was determined that there was no intent to deceive. Just an error.
                      If there was fraud in regards to Trump, then the allegations would be fraud and not campaign finance violations.

Comment

Working...
                      X