No announcement yet.

The blueprint to beat Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Well there are some things in the video that are still present in Floyd's technique even today. Notice how he has trouble with a pressure fighter who has good movement. I mean, if Castillo actually had footwork he could have KO'd Mayweather. This was in the am's for sure but that just means he had the head gear on to stop him getting ktfo.
    Did you say Castillo didn't have good footwork?

Castillo was one of the best at cutting off the ring.

And did you even watch that amateur fight? Floyd landed all the clean, hard punches. I thought he won.
    Last edited by deliveryman; 05-28-2010, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Jlc 1...........................

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
        nice video.... you can see that mayweather has the same jump in lefthook and he throws the straight righthand before the jab... yea, he seems to have the same style but, he adopted the shoulder roll... that,s about it...
        I dont see the pull counter do you? He now has more power, better boxing skills, able to mix things up, high guard and shoulder roll, can throw any punch in the book that's legal.

You guys.... in the words of ROGER "YA'LL DONT KNOW **** ABOUT BOXIN'"

Comment

Originally posted by kedashy View Post
          nice video.... you can see that mayweather has the same jump in lefthook and he throws the straight righthand before the jab... yea, he seems to have the same style but, he adopted the shoulder roll... that,s about it...
          floyd has improved these moves in a big way,less volume and a higher hit rate.
          precision shots, remember floyd throws sneaky little short shots that are the reminders of how great he has become.
          these kind of blows are not knock out nor, are they timed...they are thrown on impulse with such precision and speed that timing has really no part when you think about it.
          i mean, when he sees an opening he will take it.
          he wont wait, timing repetitive movement based on video playback or such alike is not how he does his business, its the purest of boxing skills not seen since ray robinson who, i think does not touch floyd.
          i base this judgement on the way in which the fight game has moved on.
          if you look at the early dempsey fights, he employed the "bobbing and weaving" which nobody had seen before and this movement became more popular when it was discovered that just leaning your head back would not fend off the kind of assaults that could be launched from this new and aggressive stance, counter measures needed to be employed...and were.
          in modern boxing we have seen certain fighters bringing something new to the game.
          off the top of my head only one name immediately springs to mind.
          "prince" NASEEM HAMED! his odd,unbalanced,open,etc style basically confused everyone put in front of him.
          things like, "defend yourself at all times" and "keep your hands up" did not figure in his style. he based eveything on pure reflex, ability to move out of the way very quickly and strike back with natural punch power that was unparralled at that weight and people were unable to deal with it.
          unfortunately for him the confidence he once had turned to pure arrogance and as the rounds went on with barrera it all came tumbing down.
          two things happened here which ruined him, removing brendan ingle as his trainer and the other is money.
          now floyd on the other hand, is a money machine, has the same trainer from the word go and, he has developed a defensiver style which no fighter can undo.(the opposite to hameds blast em outta there style)
          he has speed. (what did freddie roach say)? speed kills.
          he has more than 40 pro wins, and maintains the object of the game to a tee.
          mastering the game by hitting without being hit.
          now, i have not seen him jump in on anybody recently and the right lead is a magnificent shot. it shows the speed, its not expected(most of the time) however i have not seen him throw it against a "leftie" i do wonder how paciauo will cope?!?!?
          but, i see floyd scoring early knockdowns as a result of pacmans hopping from left to right. he will exploit that straight away as pacman will not keep still, hes like a live wire which up until now works! floyd wil slow the pace and go straight through the middle i think.
          pacman was troubled by clotteys straight forward aggresion, his uppercut seemed to get through nicely and i think pacman will need to do more than throw powershots.
          lets face it, the only credible opponent was cotto in terms of level of opposition. but, and this is a big but,,,,,,,cotto had no chin.
          pitalua,corley,judah, and that other geezer....the brazilian????yknow..they all exposed cotto.
          nobody can touch floyd, end of.

Comment

nobody can touch floyd, end of ? bit of an exaggeration there he can be beat its just he is so skilled etc hes narrowed down everything he can to reduce the likly hood of him loosing but this is boxing and one shot ends stuff roy jones vs tarver 2 for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
              When are you dummies gonna realize that their is no blueprint to beat Floyd Mayweather? The only fighter in his weight class in history who could conceivably have a shot is Sugar Ray Robinson and to be honest i think Floyd takes that fight too.
              Really no one in history could beat him at WW lmao. To TS t
              his is the ams which you would know if you ever fought isn't scored the same as pros. I'm guessing the blueprint to beat pac is the two bums he lost to morals fight and the lucky descions he got in the Marquez fights?

Comment

using footage from floyd's amateur career to see how to beat him. i swear how far people's hate will go is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                  using footage from floyd's amateur career to see how to beat him. i swear how far people's hate will go is unbelievable.
                  but its relevant, FLOYD WILL LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR WHEN HE FIGHTS PAC.. just like cotto did, just like clottey did, just like barrera did, just like morales did, just like hatton did, just like HOYA DID.. u can make excuse for them it doesnt change the fact they look like amateurs.. AND U WILL BE ****ED when the so called excuses u think can happen to mayweather will actually happen.. BECAUSE I GUARANTEE HE WILL JUST LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR FOR SURE AND U WILL CRY HES NOT PRIME ANYMORE LOLOLOL and thats the sad truth for u

Comment

You cannot be serious?

I cannot wait for this fight but I think Floyd will have too much for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                      Jlc 1...........................
                      If the blue print to beat Mayweather was established in the first JLC fight you think he would have won the second fight.............

It's hard to establish a blue print to beat a fighter who has the ability to adapt the way Mayweather does. Getting to the point straight away, other fighters go in matches with a game plan or a certain style of fighting as such they're static and a ''blue print'' can be formed on their traits.

Mayweather can be completely different fighter depending on the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X