Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is great for the sport of boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao is great for the sport of boxing!

Some people say boxing is a "dying" sport, but like Jim Lampley says it's just been declining in the US. It seems to me that just about every casual sports fan on the planet knows who Manny Pacquiao is!

I remember when some people called De La Hoya vs. Mayweather "the fight to save boxing", but I felt that was ridiculous, since I could hardly stay awake watching it...

But everybody who saw Manny Pacquiao fight Oscar was impressed! It left an impression in their minds, something like "this is someone I want to watch again". And Manny's brutal KO of the four-year Ring champion at light welterweight, Ricky Hatton, must have left people with a similar feeling about Pacquiao as they had about Mike Tyson in the late 80s. People who are not serious boxing fans, in the same sense as we on boxingscene are, they ARE EXCITED about this guy and want to know when Manny's next fight is!

Pac fights are always fun to watch. Dude always tries to put on a gr8 show for the fight fans.

Comment

Look what Manny did to this forum, he has everyone talking because of the entertaining fighter he is. Because of the risks he takes, unlike a certain somebody that I won't mention who hasn't taken risks for years.

Comment

LOL at P. Will stretchin his long ass arm around his other arm to punch Winky.

I remeber when I first saw that ****. I was like WTF.

Anyways, Pac always puts on a show.

Can't wait for this saturday, mayyyyyyne.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          Some people say boxing is a "dying" sport, but like Jim Lampley says it's just been declining in the US. It seems to me that just about every casual sports fan on the planet knows who Manny Pacquiao is!

I remember when some people called De La Hoya vs. Mayweather "the fight to save boxing", but I felt that was ridiculous, since I could hardly stay awake watching it...

But everybody who saw Manny Pacquiao fight Oscar was impressed! It left an impression in their minds, something like "this is someone I want to watch again". And Manny's brutal KO of the four-year Ring champion at light welterweight, Ricky Hatton, must have left people with a similar feeling about Pacquiao as they had about Mike Tyson in the late 80s. People who are not serious boxing fans, in the same sense as we on boxingscene are, they ARE EXCITED about this guy and want to know when Manny's next fight is!
          That's how I got hook up with Pac after I saw Pac-MAB 1 on tape. Any sports fan who has seen him will definitely become an instant fan.

Comment

Agreed BIG C....

Comment

It's because Pac is the closest this generation will ever come to having another Ali, Armstrong, Duran.

People are awed and amazed by how the name Manny Pacquiao is history in the making. 20-30 years from now when people recall ATG's they'll have Pacquiao right next to Armstrong and Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                It's because Pac is the closest this generation will ever come to having another Ali, Armstrong, Duran.

People are awed and amazed by how the name Manny Pacquiao is history in the making. 20-30 years from now when people recall ATG's they'll have Pacquiao right next to Armstrong and Duran.
                hahaha, silly *******s

cant wait all of the crushed posteers sat night

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
                  hahaha, silly *******s

cant wait all of the crushed posteers sat night
                  It's true and you know it.

Sorry to break it to you *****s, but 20-30 years from now people will remember Floyd Mayweather Jr. as that Pernell Whitaker-wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

Yes. Especially if he wins on Saturday, having won titles in all those other divisions, and now if he wins another one at welterweight. He's becoming a living legend. He won his first world title as a teenager at flyweight, it's amazing all he's accomplished since then.

Comment

Working...
                    X