No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I definitely won't say the PS2 sucked or anything, but I will ask you to at least give me some titles. The best game I played on PS2 was Resident Evil 4.

RE4, Silent Hill 2, MGS2/3, ICO, Shadow of Colossus, GTA III/Vice City, God of War, GT4, Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

That's where it stops for me, i'm sure you have more. I didn't like ALL of the games I listed, but I recognize these titles as being some of the greatest titles of the PS2.
    Half-Life, Red Faction, Black, Timesplitters, GTA3-San Andreas, Final Fantasy X and XII, Ratchet and Clank series, Jak and Daxter series, Sly Cooper series, Dark Cloud series, Dragon Quest 8, Tony Hawk 3, 4, and Underground, Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, Onimusha series, Resident Evil Code Veronica, NBA Street, Fatal Frame, Splinter Cell series, Kingdom Hearts, Twisted Metal Black....

I can keep going, easily. The amount of awesome games on the PS2 is ridiculous.

Comment

Can some one translate this in to English:

Does this mean that the PS4 will not be that advanced?
      keep in mind those specs are a hell of a lot beefier than the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Half-Life, Red Faction, Black, Timesplitters, GTA3-San Andreas, Final Fantasy X and XII, Ratchet and Clank series, Jak and Daxter series, Sly Cooper series, Dark Cloud series, Dragon Quest 8, Tony Hawk 3, 4, and Underground, Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, Onimusha series, Resident Evil Code Veronica, NBA Street, Fatal Frame, Splinter Cell series, Kingdom Hearts, Twisted Metal Black....

I absolutely LOVED Timesplitters.

Comment

There are some cool games man, but gaming for me was at it's prime with PSOne, N64. The 100s of hours I put in for that generation, I couldn't seem to duplicate it with the PS2, and I was pretty young and still in my childhood so it was def not a "All grown up" type of thing. In fact the PS3 got me more in to gaming than the PS2 did. So that's how I know it's not that i'm older now. I've put in hours and hours in the PS3.

What is the worst rated game you have played for any system, but you enjoyed the hell out of it?

For me, hands down, out of the most terribly rated games of all time, i'd have to go with Spec Ops Stealth Patrol/Ranger Elite for PSOne. The game was obviously terrible, in everything, but I still enjoyed the sh-t out of it.

Comment

There are some cool games man, but gaming for me was at it's prime with PSOne, N64. The 100s of hours I put in for that generation, I couldn't seem to duplicate it with the PS2, and I was pretty young and still in my childhood so it was def not a "All grown up" type of thing. In fact the PS3 got me more in to gaming than the PS2 did. So that's how I know it's not that i'm older now. I've put in hours and hours in the PS3.

What is the worst rated game you have played for any system, but you enjoyed the hell out of it?

For me, hands down, out of the most terribly rated games of all time, i'd have to go with Spec Ops Stealth Patrol/Ranger Elite for PSOne. The game was obviously terrible, in everything, but I still enjoyed the sh-t out of it.
            Man, everyone I know loved Spec Ops when I was growing up, and I hated it. The bad game I loved was probably one of the wrestling games I had as a kid. I had a WCW one that was awful, but I was a wrestling fan and played the hell out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              I absolutely LOVED Timesplitters.
              I never played one after the second one, and I regret it. Maybe I'll find the later games cheap somewhere one day and try them.

Comment

Man, everyone I know loved Spec Ops when I was growing up, and I hated it. The bad game I loved was probably one of the wrestling games I had as a kid. I had a WCW one that was awful, but I was a wrestling fan and played the hell out of it.
                WWF Warzone for the PS1 was terrible but i loved it at the time.

Comment

The graphics still look fine to me, just give me bigger and more interactive environments in games like GTA and i'll be happy.

Comment

Those APU's are **** but all graphics will improve a lot when they start making the next gen games because right now on the PC side you have them programming the games with the consoles in mind and the just bumping up the graphics a bit for the PC version but when the next gen comes out the consoles will be better so the baseline of the game will be higher and PC games will get better as well.

This generation of consoles arent going to be as good as current PC's when they come out. In the past they used to sell them at huge losses to pass the break even point years later but I think that is out the window as a strategy since this whole smartphone/tablet thing is taking a lot of money away from the console industry.

Sony is trying to push 4k resolution and ps4 is rumored to support it. Now it may support it but I dont think that is going to be the game resulution for anything other than low end games off of the PS network. The APU wont be powerful enough and people wont be able to tell the difference from 1080p when they are 8ft away from the screen.

Comment

I'm not impressed

Comment

Working...
                      X