Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Roy Jones vs Lennox Lewis? What if Roy won! Would he be best ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I think he would but at the same time I just don't see any way Roy could actually have beat him so its pretty redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
      I know Jones in the post fight interview for the Ruiz fight said he would only stay at HW for a fight with Mike Tyson. Yeah Tyson was way past prime at the time, but that would have been a very good and highly recognizable name on Jones' resume. And it would have also been interesting to see how Jones would win or if Tyson caught Jones with a big shot how would have Jones taken it?

Yeah, beating Lewis, wow. That would have made him one of the best boxers in the history of the sport. Although he already is, i'm saying, it would have further made him one of the best to ever live.
      Roids jaw would have been shattered, plain and simple and then forced into retirement.

Comment

Roy really fuk'd up by not staying at heavyweight. He shoulda just went for it. He turned down the Holyfield fight and then went back down. He should've just had his first defense against Holy, woulda been a huge money making fight. Then cashed out against Lewis in a mega unification fight that would've been bigger than Louis vs Conn. Got sparked out by Lewis and then fought Tyson as a comeback fight and retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
          Roy really fuk'd up by not staying at heavyweight. He shoulda just went for it. He turned down the Holyfield fight and then went back down. He should've just had his first defense against Holy, woulda been a huge money making fight. Then cashed out against Lewis in a mega unification fight that would've been bigger than Louis vs Conn. Got sparked out by Lewis and then fought Tyson as a comeback fight and retired.
          turning down a heavyweight title defense against Evander Holyfield, to drop back down to light heavy and fight a relative unknown makes absolutely no sense to me... unless he knew Holy might get him out of their.

Comment

He'd definitely have a strong as argument. He would have a win over Hopkins, Toney, and then Lewis. Oh man that's like 3 of the best wins you could ever have. Wins like that are just as good as anybody's best win top 10 P4P ever.

I could see him making the top 10, he'd have a solid argument for top 5, but his light heavyweight run while dominant, the division wasn't really stacked by any means either.

Comment

Three good wins and a bunch of cabbies wouldnt make you the best ever. The best ever didnt fight in this era. Learn to accept it. Man...some people's kids...

Comment

Would have been GOAT stuff

Comment

If doesn't count... Lewis would have battered him in 2-5 rounds!

Comment

Lennox was not only bigger Then ruiz but much more skilled.There id reason why Jones picked ruiz it was great achivment to win Hw title us a Mw but he couldnt compit with top HW .i rate him us one of the greatest already

Comment

Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
                      In 2003 Roy chose to take on John Ruiz who was a smaller heavyweight at 6-2 and around 225 pounds.

What if Roy fought and beat Lewis? Would he go down as the best ever?
                      If Roy had beaten Lennox clearly before Lennox had fought Vitali, and he'd have retired straight after, then yes, he'd have gone down as the G.O.A.T. in many people's minds. Definitely with the fans who are around my age. I'm 36.

Comment

Working...
                      X