No announcement yet.

Pirog's win over Jacobs is one of the most underrated wins in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
    Did you watch the fight or just the highlight reel?

I saw the schooling pirog gave jacobs live. Then after i saw posters on here claiming "jacobs was winning the fight before the KO doe" i went back and watched it like 5 or 6 times. And every time i see the same thing. Jacobs getting absolutely SCHOOLED.

If it were mayweather instead of pirog, these same posters would be calling it a masterful performance by mayweather.
    Yes I watched it, and I had Pirog winning the whole time. I disagree with the others but can understand why they'd see it different

Comment

Pirog was in full control hell Emanuel Steward saw the writing on the wall a ko was coming cancer or not Jacobs was not in Pirog class to bad Pirog got hurt

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
        Just rewatched the fight.

That was a technical MASTERCLASS from Pirog.

Now that we know how good Jacobs is (from the GGG fight), Pirog should be given even more credit for his victory. He straight up toyed with a better pre-cancer version of Jacobs.

It's too bad he suffered that injury, I think he would have beaten Golovkin as well.
        Umm..we don't know how good Jacobs is lmfao. Using his fight against MarGGGarito is NOT a good test since MarGGGarito lost his next fight to Ca$hnelo.

Will need to see Jacobs/MarGGGarito against other good fighters to see where they stand.

Comment

I thought Pirog waswinning the fight. The scorecards were misleading. Manny Stewart picked up on this right from the beginning of the bout. Pirog was good but I thought Jacobs was poorly prepared and somwahat confused by Pirog. Too bad Pirog got hurt and his career got cut short. I doubt he would be able to beat Golovkin. I'm not sure he would be able to repeat his win over Jacobs.

Comment

underrated yet always mentioned......

Comment

Working...
            X