Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Trainer Explains What Went Wrong For Joshua in TKO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinyard View Post
    Whoever thinks ruiz is a better fighter than joshua knows s..t about boxing.joshua needs a sports therapist that will teach him how to cope getting outside his comfort zone aka greenwich time zone.dude is always worked up at face offs and when confronted for some reason you would think he is used to that by now
    I think his biggest problem is caring too much about what people think.

Comment

good trainer

I Totally agreed with your analysis,aj is very careless in that fight,he just think before the fight that he must find a way to win Andy,he needs a better technical team now,or he return back to his traditional power punch style,and start heating very hard...

Comment

Good trainer this guy.

Comment

I think with Ruiz - he can keep small and walk through AJ's punches with his hands up to get close. AJ gasses. I can't see him being able to punch and move for more than 4-5 rounds before he starts to slow down. I remember Lamont Peterson showed how to beat Amir Khan - walk through his punches to land your own. After that everyone beat him. When you've got a fighter with a glass jaw - do what you need to, to land your punches.

Comment

overlooking the destroyers successes

What went wrong with Joshua is that, it seems to me, he completely overlooked Andys past victory. I haven't heard or read many who have talked about his fight against Parker. We all know Parker was given the victory but Andy was the clear winner. Compubox numbers show Andy vastly outscoring Parker, in some categories, almost two to one! I'm not sure what will happen in their second bout but I'm pretty sure Joshua won't enter the ring with the same attitude. Congrats to Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Ben Davison, the head trainer of heavyweight Tyson Fury, saw several errors in Anthony Joshua's shocking defeat to Andy Ruiz. Ruiz pulled off a huge upset when he stopped Joshua in seven rounds on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, to capture the WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO heavyweight titles.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              Please re-read Davison's words... they are mainly based on the actual action (as it happened during the fight)... Davison doesn't address AJ's poor defense techniques/skills (which would have to be the result from a basic professional background -- head and body movement, effective clinching when seriously buzzed... a.s.o...)

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
                He also didn't know how to clinch that little fat ****ed

Wlad would have bear hugged the life out of him
                yep, Wlad would have cuddled him like they were on a date

Comment

Davidson basically just gave Joshua’s trainer the blueprint for the rematch if he was listening. But I doubt if they will put their egos to the side and listen to another trainer. Or if Joshua can even execute that strategy. I do think Joshua learned if he gets Andy Ruiz hurt or down to take his time and put his punches together without leaving himself wide open for counter shots that can hurt or stop him. He needs to be smarter and more patient in the rematch because he is fighting Ruiz who is technically and fundamentally sound. And I hope Ruiz doesn’t go into the rematch knowing he can hurt Joshua and starts to look for that one shot and gets away from trying to win 1 rd at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Bens right ,AJ is a ONE style guy...all this boxing he needs to look graceful spectacle is stupid.

He started looking more vulnerable when listening to all the know it alls.

he needs to stick to catch counter and be smart 9 the fight was over when he had the FIRST knockdown ) ,no dropping his guard and the other stuff.

Hes 6'6 and is not made for a shoulder rolling defense fighter, its just dumb.

AJ will win a a ruiz rematch but does he stop listening to guys telling him he cant box when he didn't lose prior?

lol...pure stupidity...keep ythat same nergy when he defeats Ruiz you wilder cheer leaders . lol
                    his catch n shoot is good, he cant fight going backwards, jab isn't good, poor stamina, terrible head movement. that's a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Wilder KO's every heavyweight in the division! Joyce vs Wilder would be the best fight at Heavywieght! But that too would end in a KO!

Comment

Working...
                      X