Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI it was a draw at worst

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who say Jacobs won or at minimum a draw, please point to me the 7 rounds Jacobs clearly won?
    I’ll wait ....

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
      The fight was close but there's no way Jacobs should've won. A draw would be generous.

I like Jacobs but he just didn't do enough to win. He fought with no sense of urgency. He's capable of a better performance than that. Unless he made a silly mistake he was no danger of getting KO'd.

Canelo wasn't great either but he did exactly what he need to do to secure the victory.
      I agree that he should’ve fought with more urgency.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
        I don’t care who you are rooting for, but let’s at least be honest....worst case senario that was a Draw between Nelo and Danny. I tried to patiently watch and score the rounds. I’m not an official judge, obviously, but that was a 6-6 fight.
        Let’s discuss without all the negative comments and emotions.
        You saw what you saw and I saw what I saw. I saw Canelo win with ease and the fight was not close at all. Canelo completely outclassed him and out scored him. Jacobs only did well when Canelo gassed out. Jacobs only won about 3 rounds. No way in hell was the fight a draw. I swear there is always somebody who thinks the wrong guy won no matter how badly they got their ass kicked. Canelo won by a mile and I am being honest. The judges were very generous to Jacobs for some reason. A score of 116 to 112 or 117 to 111 for Canelo would have been more accurate.

Comment

I had it 7-5 or 8-4 Canelo and I'm not the biggest cownelo fan...not even close.

Comment

I don’t care who you are rooting for, but let’s at least be honest....worst case senario that was a Draw between Nelo and Danny. I tried to patiently watch and score the rounds. I’m not an official judge, obviously, but that was a 6-6 fight.
            I had Jacobs by a rd or 2.......another blatant robbery for the mexican cartels.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
              I didn't give round 1 to anyone. Neither fighter did anything. I know judges feel the need to actually give round to one fighter, but there have been more even 1st rounds than people care to acknowledge. So many 1st rounds of fights that nothing happens and both guys either land 1 or 2 punches then compubox comes with bs numbers to persuade the audience than one is doing more than the other. I have no idea why judges are afraid to give even rounds when there are little to no punches landed from either guy
              I too scored rd 1 9-9

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                I'm kinda tired of giving Danny rds just because he survives. (We get it Cancer sucks, But no more pitty rds)
                Yes, beating cancer and beating GGG and Canelo are two entirely different things.

Comment

Stop canelo win easily. Judges ended up shading rounds to jacobs because he cried so much about scores before the fight. Canelo win by at worst 8-4 and you can make case for 9-3. Made Jacobs miss and look bad all night long and for compubox nuts it was a clean sweep in every punch stat they track. Landed more total shots, jabs, power shots all for basically at double the connect rate.

Compubox

Canelo
                  Total shots
                  188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
                  68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
                  120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
                  Total shots
                  131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
                  42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
                  89 of 359 (25%)

Comment

i actually thought it was a 2nd rd knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I had Jacobs by a rd or 2.......another blatant robbery for the mexican cartels.
                      You still made that Canelo broke GGG face and beat the Mexican Style out his azzz. Now he embarrassed the best win on GGG weak azzz resume. GGG struggled and many think lost to Jacobs. While he had Jacobs so shook and timid and easily beat him. If you don't have an agenda there is now way to logically say Jacobs won that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X