No announcement yet.

Earth Day 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Nope, nor do I use disposable coffee cups, utensils, etc.
    No Gotcha! points for the gruber.

I think governments are going to have to ban plastic that will force companies to innovate/invest biodegradable materials. CC: 1bad65
    Would you agree with those bans?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      No Gotcha! points for the gruber.

Would you agree with those bans?
      It's my contention that governments are gonna have to eventually enact policies to outright ban and/or dissuade the manufacture and use of plastic. People and companies will not change their behaviors unless there are laws to discourage those behaviors.

Also, I think there is huge opportunity for companies to invent a biodegradable alternative to plastic. However, right now the economics do not work.

Comment

I need to make more of an effort doing this

Comment

When I'm in my office I use cups/bowls/utensils I can wash; when I'm out I have bamboo utensils that I use.

In your case, I'm sure people adapted after the minor annoyance. Glad to hear that Jamaicans are banning plastic bags as well.

Going back to my point, most people don't care - so that why government must regulate with these policies. I'm interested to hear what 1bad65, man down and Jimbo have to say about this.

It's funny that so-called conservatives, are not concerned about 'conserving' the planet....
          Cool. Cool. So much plastic is being produced and China is now longer accepting plastic trash to reuse in manufacturing. So trash has now been piling up in warehouses that recycling companies own. Because oil prices are relatively low, it's cheaper to make new plastic than reuse the ones out there. This is a clear case where goverenment needs to step in and fix it by way of taxing new plastic to match the current cost of reusing plastics but don't hold your breath. 1bad and his kind are running things now and they are not with this recycling mumbo jumbo. He said when Texas first ban plastic bags, he stock piled them and had about a years supply. That's insanity but he doesnt believe man-made activities contribute to climate change, so no surprise there.

i would have told you to pray but if there is a God and he can but doesn't stop the ills in society, we have to pray and draw ills to his attention, then that God aint worth our time.

Stay strong Brother BG, happy to see you back around here by the way.
          i hope one day you will tell me how you spent away from here.

#darkplacerightnow

Comment

When I'm in my office I use cups/bowls/utensils I can wash; when I'm out I have bamboo utensils that I use.

In your case, I'm sure people adapted after the minor annoyance. Glad to hear that Jamaicans are banning plastic bags as well.

Going back to my point, most people don't care - so that why government must regulate with these policies. I'm interested to hear what 1bad65, man down and Jimbo have to say about this.

It's funny that so-called conservatives, are not concerned about 'conserving' the planet....
            Lol carry bamboo utensils? Thats so focking gay, fock this day, I dont recycle and I dont give a fock. U hurrd meh

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
              Lol carry bamboo utensils? Thats so focking gay, fock this day, I dont recycle and I dont give a fock. U hurrd meh
              Nah. F**ck you! Learn to recycle b**tch.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Nah. F**ck you! Learn to recycle b**tch.
                Fock u mayne, Id dump my trash in fockin jamaica, ya hurrd meh

Comment

Didn't know it was Earth Day but I spent a couple hours composting, taking care of the plants and animals in my yard, leaving food out for the critters that stroll through (hummingbirds, doves, quail, rabbits, etc).
                  Oh, I also recycled the pond water to feed the plants because that's more ecological than dumping pond water down the gutter or in the gravel.
                  I feel a bit of an obligation to give nature a place to live rather than just laying down gravel and cement.

It's a lot of work but it's cool to see all the animals come to the yard. Having the hummingbirds hover around and watch me work. Great for de-stressing and getting physical activity too.

Comment

Great thread! Personally I believe every day should be Earth day. Why only care one day a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Didn't know it was Earth Day but I spent a couple hours composting, taking care of the plants and animals in my yard, leaving food out for the critters that stroll through (hummingbirds, doves, quail, rabbits, etc).
                      Oh, I also recycled the pond water to feed the plants because that's more ecological than dumping pond water down the gutter or in the gravel.
                      I feel a bit of an obligation to give nature a place to live rather than just laying down gravel and cement.

It's a lot of work but it's cool to see all the animals come to the yard. Having the hummingbirds hover around and watch me work. Great for de-stressing and getting physical activity too.
                      Amen.........

Comment

Working...
                      X