No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe puts on a masterclass against Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe puts on a masterclass against Roy Jones

I stayed up late for this and I'll never forget it.Joe was brilliant that night and would have been a right handful for any great fighter in or around that weight class.

Roy is only 3 years older than Joe, so I dont know why detractors always try to discredit this win.

Calzaghe wouldve beaten any version of Jones Post-2000.

Comment

traver, green, and johnon did better than calzaghe. If you land this much punches on this version of roy and can't finish him off, then you have a problem dude.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
        Roy is only 3 years older than Joe, so I dont know why detractors always try to discredit this win.

not to mention that roy looked brilliant against lacy and sheika following this fight.a prime jermain taylor couldnt stop lacy,roy did tho.

roy was still good at this time and joe was well past it too

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post

Calzaghe never been up and down in weight. He never been Ko'd cold two times in a row. He never fought bigger guys. He never been punished the way jones did against tarver. Plus, sometimes age has nothing to do with being shot. Jones never been the same since his fight with ruiz. And you're wrong, cazlaghe would've lost to any version of roy before his campaign to HW.

Comment

Originally posted by LionheartLewis View Post
            not to mention that roy looked brilliant against lacy and sheika following this fight.a prime jermain taylor couldnt stop lacy,roy did tho.

roy was still good at this time and joe was well past it too
            LOL lacy and sheika?! The last time roy beat a class A fighter was in 2003 when he beat tarver in the first fight.

Comment

That was a shot version of Jones who hadn't beaten a top fighter in 4 years, while Calzaghe was coming off the best win of his career.

Prime for prime, Jones knocks out Calzaghe.

Comment

Prime Roy soaks the ring with Joe's blood then mops it up with his face.

Calzaghe can't hold a candle to Roy and as far as I'm concerned that win did nothing for Joe's career and legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by LionheartLewis View Post

I stayed up late for this and I'll never forget it.Joe was brilliant that night and would have been a right handful for any great fighter in or around that weight class.
                  discraceful..jones is a shell of his former self

Comment

RJJ was old and past his prime when they fought. A prime RJJ beats his ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X