Bigger Myth??? Leonard Ducked Pryor Or Chavez Ended Taylors Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Myth??? Leonard Ducked Pryor Or Chavez Ended Taylors Career

Case for each myth being debunked.....

Taylor went on to win the WW title from the 5th ranked WW in Aaron Davis and made 2 defenses of his title with one of those defenses coming against top 10 WW Glenwood Brown before running into Terry Norris... If Taylor stayed at 47 he would have fared better in match ups there (Blocker,McGirt,Brown etc) opposed to fighting Norris

Leonard offered Pryor 500,000 to fight him but he (Pryor) turned the offer down saying he wanted more money.... Dave Jacobs (Pryors trainer) even said they preferred to stay at 140 and focus on the JWW and LW divisions where Pryor was simultaneously ranked

Thoughts???
    Leonard ducked Pryor
    86.67%
    Chavez ended Taylor
    13.33%

Taylor would have ended up being a ATG had he not ran into Chavez IMO

Comment

no myth

Comment

Chavez ended his career.... no myth

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          no myth

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Chavez ended his career.... no myth
          Taylor did go on to win a title after the first fight....

Comment

Legendary Nights strikes again :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Legendary Nights strikes again :rolleyes9:

Poet
              Come on Poet.... I know you got more input then that.... I was hoping some of the OT's showed up to balance this thread out if/when it gets out of control

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Come on Poet.... I know you got more input then that.... I was hoping some of the OT's showed up to balance this thread out if/when it gets out of control
                Give me a few.....I'm trying to work off a nasty headache :cool9:

Poet

Comment

I can see Mosley beating Malignaggi for a world title, that wouldn't mean he wasn't shot to pieces

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Okies. Now that I've got some asperin in me.....

Leonard offered Pryor what would have been a career high payday: PRYOR turned it down. Moreover Pryor hadn't down anything at that weight to represent any real threat to Leonard.

Taylor won the WBA Welterweight title 10 months after the Chavez fight and made three successful defenses before dropping belt via brutal beating to Terry Norris. So clearly his career wasn't "ruined" by Chavez.....though an argument COULD be made that his career was ruined by Terrible Terry.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X