Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC To Order a Second Helping of Vanes vs. Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a strangely tense fight, even though there's wasn't much activity it was starting to heat up as Lara landed that counter left hand with increasing amounts of accuracy, and it appeared as if Martiroysan was tiring. I had Lara ahead by two rounds but I can understand why it turned out to be a draw. Looking foward to the rematch, I expect it'll be another slow burner.

Comment

the anticipation 4 a great fight never happened, & I'm ok w/a rematch, on regular tv, like NBC sports, not in NV or CA & definately no Vegas officials like Ford,Byrd, Ross, or Nady...but I like Tony Weeks as a ref, unassuming & always gets the job done as a pro...mayb TX or FL (highly unlikely as big promoters 4 some reason have outlawed this state)...

Comment

only reason for this is to solidify the #1 contender spot
        the fight wasn't even that good
        Lara was winning, but looked kinda sloppy in the fight
        if Vanes has to heal, just give Lara the damn WBC title shot
        Vanes can get back in line

Comment

Second helping? No thanks, I'm already full and it didn't taste that good.

Comment

Lara was winning? ARe some of you really that bias boxing fans, I dont know how someone can win a fight when he is running all night...Hilarious...BUt I can do without a second helping of this fight.. I really doubt anyone of these guys are going to headline any card soon, maybe co-main events...Boxers who fight to not lose and care about there stupid perfect records are never goin to achieve elite status. I mean cmon man....Really? Maybe if you fight like Arce, Darchinyan, Marquez or Rios than maybe... No1 really cares for this fight to happen again... Bein that I actually am a Vanes fan,I do think he is not showing all of his skills and holds back come fight night, i'm also a boxing fan...But I doubt he or Lara beats Canelo, as much it sickens me to admit this btw... sure he's fought 140 and 147 pounders, but when he is in the ring, he lets his hands go doesn't care....I even think Angulo can beat either Vanes or Lara now...IDK how someone like Vanes can be a beast during sparring from his youtube videos, have a great amateur background not show up for fights... it mind boggles me....Now if you clowns want to bias cuz you dont like Vanes than so be it... But be honest with yourselves Lara did not win nor was he winning that fight....

Comment

Surprised by this announcement.

Comment

You could pay me and I still wouldn't watch the fight. I hope Lara loses just like he was about to in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Prince View Post
                  Lara was winning? ARe some of you really that bias boxing fans, I dont know how someone can win a fight when he is running all night...Hilarious...BUt I can do without a second helping of this fight.. I really doubt anyone of these guys are going to headline any card soon, maybe co-main events...Boxers who fight to not lose and care about there stupid perfect records are never goin to achieve elite status. I mean cmon man....Really? Maybe if you fight like Arce, Darchinyan, Marquez or Rios than maybe... No1 really cares for this fight to happen again... Bein that I actually am a Vanes fan,I do think he is not showing all of his skills and holds back come fight night, i'm also a boxing fan...But I doubt he or Lara beats Canelo, as much it sickens me to admit this btw... sure he's fought 140 and 147 pounders, but when he is in the ring, he lets his hands go doesn't care....I even think Angulo can beat either Vanes or Lara now...IDK how someone like Vanes can be a beast during sparring from his youtube videos, have a great amateur background not show up for fights... it mind boggles me....Now if you clowns want to bias cuz you dont like Vanes than so be it... But be honest with yourselves Lara did not win nor was he winning that fight....
                  You are the biased and hater, Lara won that fight and was on his way to ko Vanes, Canelo is a fraud that only fights underweight and old men, Vanes will kick the $h1t out ginger and Lara too, it took Lara 4 rounds to find his distance and when he did Vanes was eating left hands and getting stun, you guys only rate face first brawlers and boxing is more than that, the first time caperucita shows up against a real good 154 lbs he will lose...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    The WBC couldn't have wished for a better outcome, that cut is going to take a while to heal, then it will take time for the fight to come off. Giving a bunch of time for Canelo to make optional defenses~
                    I can see Canelo fighting the winner of Cotto/Trout and then Angulo. Hopefully that nasty cut heals ASAP.

GBP should buy it out next time and put the fight on the under-card of a triple-header.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 11-13-2012, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Lets finish it.

Comment

Working...
                      X