No announcement yet.

What fighter(s) from the last 5-10 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fighter(s) from the last 5-10 years

What fighters from the last 5-10 years has surprised you that they never won a major title?

There are 4 major "legitimate" belts and with so many belts you'll see some occasional weak titleholders. Even with all the surplus of belts, there are some good fighters that slip through the cracks and never win a major title.

What fighters come to mind for you?

Originally posted by head movement View Post
    What fighters from the last 5-10 years has surprised you that they never won a major title?

There are 4 major "legitimate" belts and with so many belts you'll see some occasional weak titleholders. Even with all the surplus of belts, there are some good fighters that slip through the cracks and never win a major title.

What fighters come to mind for you?
    Katsidis and i don't even like him. But I've seen much worse have world titles

Comment

Rocky Juarez, David Tua, and Panchito Bojado are my picks.

Comment

I can actually name a few more that surprised me by winning a major title...

Comment

Michael Katsidis. It feels like rough justice that he never became champ.

Comment

yeah, katsidis. i feel sad for him.. i think he's better than most guys who had.

Comment

Katsidis was never handed a title like most other guys. Against an easy opponent[relatively easy for his level]. Like for example Cotto vs Jennings, Pacquiao vs Margarito, Canelo-Hatton, Chavez-Zbik. Those titles were basically handed to those guys. Look at who Katsidis has had to fight for a title. An ATG like Juan Manuel Marquez. All other chances he got were for "Interim" titles, and even those fights were against tough fighters. He never really got that many chances. He never got a "Here you go" from any of the 4 major organizations.

Comment

angel manfreddy

Comment

I totally forgot that Andre Dirrell has never officially been a champion. Yes he arguably beat Froch but he's never held a title. He's far too talented for that to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X