Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candace Owens can't answer a simple question. When was America great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Could you give me the time period where ALL black had it great, and what part of the world that was?
    The answer:
    it's subjective.

That's why we want to know which period Trump and the others who say make America great again are referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      So then it's great, even if it is for some?
      I like when people look back thinking it was great but don't realize it wasn't even great for their people. They're fed a narrative of a white picket fence but reality was their ancestors were so poor the government had to step in and create social programs in order for them to survive.

America was great for a certain class. A class that most people weren't a part of regardless of race.

Comment

Always, America has always been great, maybe not always great for every person but as a nation its always been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Right. So America was never great. It was great for some.
          Does your definition of great apply to any civilization in the history of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I like when people look back thinking it was great but don't realize it wasn't even great for their people. They're fed a narrative of a white picket fence but reality was their ancestors were so poor the government had to step in and create social programs in order for them to survive.

America was great for a certain class. A class that most people weren't a part of regardless of race.
            Well said........

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              Always, America has always been great, maybe not always great for every person but as a nation its always been great.
              Nah. Y'all really started getting respect around the two world wars.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                it is subjective and i know you have an era in mind. Looking forward to you saying it.

Let me give you an example of Jamaicans in America.

Jamaicans who went to America between the early 1990s and the early 2000s would probably consider that period in America to be great. They were easily making more money than they were back in Jamaica. They were able to send back remittances to family. They were able to send back money to build homes in Jamaica but when the economy crashed. So did that greatness for them.

So let me have you example, Brother Gloveking.
                Also, let's keep it civil on our Lord's day.
                Nice answer. Greatness is a matter of perspective. And if the majority hold the same perspective, then it is that perspective which must be recognized, rather than the minority dissenting perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  if it's still great, what is Trump talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Does your definition of great apply to any civilization in the history of the world?
                    When was America great in your eyes?

Comment

They let her off the hook by talking over her so much and robbing us of hearing her bumbling, sure to be an embarrassment of a full answer.

To some degree I can't blame them, and Tip is right. When you begin to answer THAT question in front of THAT crowd by saying, "There was slavery all over the world," ...know your audience? But still, she deserved a chance to give her full answer, at which time someone would have had to explain to her that it's the hypocrisy of it all. America was built upon, "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men were created equal" and then proceeded to give men, women, and children hell based on the color of their skin only to satisfy its own lust for...more "greatness" is it, Candace...?

There is no way around that era being one of hypocrisy, racism, brutality, barbarity, and greed--and that is certainly not the mark of a great country.

Comment

Working...
                      X