Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather eye Lopez after jail time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd Mayweather next for winner of Guerrero-Aydin according to Eric Gomez of Golden Boy Promotion
    Looks like the winner of this is a mandatory to Floyd

Comment

SChaefer has mentioned Guerrero. SO that would seem likely, but Lopez would be second choice. Hopefully floyd does what ODH did with Forbes and fight either guerrero or lopez on regular HBO.

Comment

I don't know if it's just me; but I don't see anything appealing in a Guerrero fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          SChaefer has mentioned Guerrero. SO that would seem likely, but Lopez would be second choice. Hopefully floyd does what ODH did with Forbes and fight either guerrero or lopez on regular HBO.
          You won't see that happen no matter who his opponent is.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Very good fighter, A lot of heart and guts from Lopez, respectable fight for Floyd to take while giving Lopez a pay check of a lifetime. But the truth is Josesito Lopez is not a very marketable name, unless he goes on a little win streak like beating at least 2 of Maidana, Malignaggi, Khan, Alexander...then I can see Floyd giving him a fight. But as Dom mentioned Guerrero is probably the more recognizable name.

But don't get me wrong, it's a fight i'd like to see Floyd in. Lopez is 5' 10" and throws a lot of punches and just never gives up. Floyd needs to aim for that type of style to finish off his career, Ortiz, Cotto, Lopez, Maidana, Khan, Canelo etc. Guys who will be there to get hit, so that he can leave the sport with a string of memorable fights. Pacquiao did it his whole career and got nothing but praise for it and labeled an ATG for fighting the same style over and over again.
            I agree here. The fight is make able & Floyd sells fights. Doesn't matter who he fights. This dude just broke Victor's jaw & loss with some controversy to Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
              You won't see that happen no matter who his opponent is.
              DOnt be too sure about that. Floyd is going to need a lil image repair coming out of jail. He's banked $85 mil and hasn't had time to spend any of it in the bing. A free fight for the fans, not that floyd cares too much about doing something like that, is a good jesture.

Comment

if he is, it better be an HBO afterdark cause I wouldn't pay to see that shit. Mayweather would retire Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                X