Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Overeem wins the UFC HW title, where would you rank him all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Overeem wins the UFC HW title, where would you rank him all time?

We had Fedor stampeding the HW division forever, easily the greatest heavyweight to date, now he has fallen from his throne.. Nogueira just got his image pretty much permanently tarnished by Mir, Brock got Cain'd, Cain got Cigano'd and now we have The Reem headed to the UFC. If he gets by Brock and Junior, where would you rank him all time?

Undefeated in 4 years (10-0-1), Dream Heavyweight Champion, Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion, K1 WGP Champion

If he wins the UFC title and defends it, he has a very strong claim to being the most dominant heavyweight in history IMO. I'm a huge Fedor fan and his reign was undeniable and savage, but the quality of Overeem's opponents within his next few fights added with his prior accomplishments would trump Emelianenko's streak in my eyes.

Yo *****, I agree. AO>Fedor. The Reem could be the most skilled HW to play MMA....lol play...well it is a sport.

Comment

Id rank him 3rd in the world

Comment

Not that highly. If he beats Lesnar and JDS he'll have beaten 3 top heavyweights in total in his career, with Werdum being the other one. Good, but not exactly GOAT status.
        Last edited by Clegg; 12-20-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I would say six and pick up sticks

Comment

Seriously? Hes only beaten one top 10,heavyweight his whole career. Dream has no heavyweight divison really and when strikeforce finally gets one he pussays out of the tournament. He beat Paul buentello to get it whos a bum and only defended against Rogers whos another can. His only decent accomplishment is the K1 tournamemt but thats kickboxing and he had a pretty easy route to win it so it isnt as special.

What kind of sick joke is this? Even if Overeem beats dos santos hell still need to defend the belt 4-5 over top 5 fighters to even have a case against somebody who dominated the division for a decade like Fedor.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Clip View Post
              Seriously? Hes only beaten one top 10,heavyweight his whole career. Dream has no heavyweight divison really and when strikeforce finally gets one he pussays out of the tournament. He beat Paul buentello to get it whos a bum and only defended against Rogers whos another can. His only decent accomplishment is the K1 tournamemt but thats kickboxing and he had a pretty easy route to win it so it isnt as special.

What kind of sick joke is this? Even if Overeem beats dos santos hell still need to defend the belt 4-5 over top 5 fighters to even have a case against somebody who dominated the division for a decade like Fedor.
              I understand your argument, but Fedor's reign, while impressive in length, consisted of wins over lackluster opponents in comparison to today's heavyweight champions. Also ending it with three straight stoppages including getting KTFO by a 205lb Dan Henderson kind of put Fedor's career in a coffin. Nogueira and Cro Cop are the biggest names that he defeated and while they were monsters back then, both of those names are probably on par with Lesnar and Dos Santos as far as current heavyweight standings go. Right now Lesnar's double leg and athleticism is good enough to keep him in the top 5 and Dos Santos is #1, so if Overeem beats them where do you think that lands him in the ATG category?

This is all hypothetical of course. I'm not sure if he will be able to defend Brock's takedown or if he can defeat JDS, but looking at his accomplishments on paper you cannot deny Overeem's status.
              Last edited by Blackfoot; 12-20-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Comment

I'm just wondering where people would rank Alistair among the greats if he wins the UFC title.

Not sure why folks are getting their panties in a bunch, maybe it's because Fedor got KTFO by Decision Dan?

Comment

Not that highly based on winning the title.

If he can reign for a while and defend his belt, his stock will gradually rise. That is really the test of a true champion, it isn't the ability to win a belt it is the ability to defend it over time.

Comment

Working...
                    X