No announcement yet.

Boxing Shoes question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Shoes question

Do people train in boxing shoes, for example do guys run in boxing shoes, and where to them to non boxing gyms, just regular gyms? are they good for jogging and good for just workout shoes?

Boxing boots are for boxing, they're pretty much **** for everything else. A boxing boot is a flat soled shoe with very little cushioning material on the sole. Alongside this they are light and usually well aired. The flat sole is done in order to increase mobility and keep you well grounded. If you compare a boxing boots sole with a running trainer you will see a significant difference.

The boxing boots main purposes are i) enable you to keep your feet actually flat (grounded) - this is also really necessary since you raise your back heel. Since in running trainers your heel is already raised, it's a little more difficult and can decrease punching power. ii) high mobility iii) to be light.

If you tried to run/jog in boxing boots;

i) It'd be uncomfortable and would probably hurt (especially if done on the roads) as you'd kind of feel as if your feet are smacking the surface. On the roads you'd feel everything.
    ii) The feeble and thin bottom would cut through incredibly quickly. Especially since it's reasonably 'soft' compared to the running trainer. So, they'd wear out very quickly.
    iii) You'd get shin splints from the lack of shock-absorbing cushioning on the bottom.

I don't fully understand what you mean about wearing them to regular gyms. To do what exactly? If you mean on the running machines - see above. Anything else which doesn't require being you being on your feet they make no difference, the same as any other trainer. A boxing boot wont help you lift weights, cycle, row, any of that stuff any better or more comfortable, you can do that stuff in your smart shoes if you want, won't make much difference. It'd be like wearing football shin pads to go lift weights.

So in short, no I don't wear them to anywhere but the boxing gym. When I arrive at my boxing gym i'm wearing my running trainers in case we're running. If we're not running then i'll switch to my boxing boots.

Comment

Originally posted by xkmacx View Post
      Do people train in boxing shoes, for example do guys run in boxing shoes, and where to them to non boxing gyms, just regular gyms? are they good for jogging and good for just workout shoes?
      Thats a big fat NEGATIVE to all those questions.

Please, dont run in them. To be honest, personally, i dont even like using them when im not inside the ring. If im on regular ground hitting the bag, it's hard on the feet.

Comment

Working...
      X