No announcement yet.

Whats up the referees nowadays?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up the referees nowadays?

Theyre scared to death of clinches so bad that they dont allow infighting at all. seriously, if the guys even think about grabbing each other at close range, some refs go out of their way to seperate them. Holding may be illegal, but refs breaking the fighters the second the fight gets to close range almost always benefits the guy whos initiating the clinch. its not good at all, messes up the dynamics of the fight.

Why cant refs just let the guys try to fight their way out? what ever happened to 'you know hes a good referee because you dont know hes there'?

The only good referee is Steve Smoger...I dont know what the hell happened to him...

Some refs crack down on certain ****. Sumtimes clinches, sumtimes belt line punches, etc. It's nothin new.

Comment

I think Bayless is a good one. He usually lets fighters work out of a clinch if they can.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        Theyre scared to death of clinches so bad that they dont allow infighting at all. seriously, if the guys even think about grabbing each other at close range, some refs go out of their way to seperate them. Holding may be illegal, but refs breaking the fighters the second the fight gets to close range almost always benefits the guy whos initiating the clinch. its not good at all, messes up the dynamics of the fight.

Why cant refs just let the guys try to fight their way out? what ever happened to 'you know hes a good referee because you dont know hes there'?

The only good referee is Steve Smoger...I dont know what the hell happened to him...
        I agree. I like to see refs in there pulling guys arms out, telling them not to hold, just generally letting them fight their way out. You hardly see it anymore. In-fighting is dying.

Comment

Working...
        X