Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between simple elite & business elite, in my opinion however unpopular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    personally i dont look at it in those terms

it's all about the next fight. right now manny pacquiao and floyd mayweather are the cash cows in boxing. cash in king in boxing or anywhere else. they weren't when they started boxing, and they're not going to be at their current paygrade forever. pacquiao's pay scale has almost certainly peaked, and floyd's will be soon to follow.

eventually, barring retirement, they'll be fed to younger fighters to pass the torch and increase the earning potential of the next generation. if they stick around long enough these guys who are making big dollars will become roy jones, wandering europe and getting the trash kicked out of them for short money.
    I'm not convinced of that. Well maybe you're right. Pacman already got his screwment. After all they did give Bradley the fight he won,( albeit close).

The only young fighter that I see them given a (W) over Floyd is ginger, who is also coincidentally the least deserving active fighter at 147-154 that can be taken seriously. I would prefer a fighter like Bradley or Alexander to get a shot at Floyd. But the arum/golden boy beef might prevent Bradley/Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Khan and Floyd are also the best fighters at their weight class.

Pac and Bradley have unfinished business at this point.

It's a good fight.
      Question, suppose Khan struggles tomorrow, what then??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Too vague......

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Bradley is clearly superior.
          He says no Top Rank fighters, and you name a Top Rank fighter anyway. You pretty much proved his point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

then he's honestly not that good. garcia is taylor made for him. khan does everything better. i think he'll breeze his way through the fight tomorrow, which is exactly what goldenboy is looking for.

the best way to beat amir khan is to pressure him. eventually he'll start running and stop winning rounds. if he wastes too much energy you can stop him. garcia is going to try and counterpunch and box from the outside. he'll stay on the end of khan's punches and get tagged by a faster guy with greater range and pop.

if khan loses to garcia his career will be in shambles.
            Last edited by New England; 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              It is only 1 ELITE FIGHTER in boxing today...that is Floyd Mayweather...the rest are GOOD but has so many FLAWS

Ward has ELITE POTENTIAL, at good win over Dawson would really put him up their and that puts him Top 3 P4P with NO ARGUMENT available for even his HATERS

ELITE to me is fighters who are COMPLETE! Can basically DO IT ALL IN THE RING...don't label a fighter ELITE when he has no fukin defense, can't fight inside to save his life and can't even make adjustments during the fight, can't cut the ring off and keeps getting caught with the same damn punch for 12 Rounds

Chad Dawson is another guy I think has Elite Abilities in the Ring, it is nothing he can't do PHYSICALLY, but sometimes he seems to go off track a little Mentally and take rounds off especially when he is clearly dominating, instead of keeping his foot on the Gas Peddle and going for the Finish, but he can fight inside, outside, can cut the ring off, has a jab, has excellent reflex, and good defense

Call me Bias but I think Rigondeaux has that Ability as well, as does Chemito Moreno...basically a lot of the guys who the Dumb Casuals think are "BORING" lol

I disagree with Floyd being the only elite fighter in boxing. I believe Ward is every bit his equal, if not moreso. Wards resume is outstanding & should he beat Dawson, his body of work over the last couple years absolutely bosses on Floyd's or any other fighter. Hell it's better than Floyd's now, imo.

Outside of stopping power Ward does have it all. A complete offensive arsenal
              and a nearly impenetrable defense. The kid is just as good pfp right now to me.

Furthermore I consider it dangerous to assume that Floyd beats Martinez at 154 right now. (Which is probably why that fight would never happen).

Comment

Too vague......
                Tad more defining,maybe??

Comment

It is only 1 ELITE FIGHTER in boxing today...that is Floyd Mayweather...the rest are GOOD but has so many FLAWS

Ward has ELITE POTENTIAL, at good win over Dawson would really put him up their and that puts him Top 3 P4P with NO ARGUMENT available for even his HATERS

ELITE to me is fighters who are COMPLETE! Can basically DO IT ALL IN THE RING...don't label a fighter ELITE when he has no fukin defense, can't fight inside to save his life and can't even make adjustments during the fight, can't cut the ring off and keeps getting caught with the same damn punch for 12 Rounds

Chad Dawson is another guy I think has Elite Abilities in the Ring, it is nothing he can't do PHYSICALLY, but sometimes he seems to go off track a little Mentally and take rounds off especially when he is clearly dominating, instead of keeping his foot on the Gas Peddle and going for the Finish, but he can fight inside, outside, can cut the ring off, has a jab, has excellent reflex, and good defense

Call me Bias but I think Rigondeaux has that Ability as well, as does Chemito Moreno...basically a lot of the guys who the Dumb Casuals think are "BORING" lol

i dont agree with this. elite fighters are those in a class above the rest of the guys at the top. they dont have to be well rounded.

for one, floyd is not a complete fighter. he cant finish.
                  wladimir, the most dominant HW and certainly an elite fighter, has a soft chin and has virtually no inside game. when you are that big, hit that hard, box like that, and your jab is that good, it does not matter. you dont need a well rounded or completel skillset to be elite

andre ward is elite. he's not a finisher or a big puncher. he punches hard enough to win the balance of the rounds. he can bust these guys up, but he cant stop them without taking more risk than he's willing to take, because he's not a one punch knockout puncher.

pernell whitaker couldnt break a grape, yet he was the top p4p fighter for years

the list goes on.
                  the elite fighters are just that, elite fighters. there is no architype

and floyd mayweather is not a complete fighter or a well rounded fighter. he's one of the best ever at what he does, which is box defensively with an offense that is primarily based on counterpunching.

he could not stop juan manuel marquez..

Comment

Well said man

Comment

Khan and Floyd are also the best fighters at their weight class.

Pac and Bradley have unfinished business at this point.

It's a good fight.
                      Oh that doesn't count. It's against his agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X