Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally watched Cotto vs Marg 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito was not going to pull off a stoppage with the time left, so there was no point in the doctor letting him fight with that eye shut.

It took the collective drubbing of every single round of the first fight to get his 11 round stop on Cotto. There was nowhere near the same landed offense he drowned Cotto in the 1st time for me to believe he'd win in the final rounds.

He was just asking for more eye damage and maybe picking up another round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I didn't really contradict myself. It was a loss and a win is a win. Gave my congrats.

I don't have time to mourn over a sport. Both of these ****ers(Cotto/Margs) make millions off us. If they lose they're rich regardless. Something me and you ain't.

Indeed, I don't see why some posters take fights so personal. I was rooting for Cotto but I was not going to "cry" if he lost. After all, it's competition. The problem is the nationalistic trolling that gets way out of hand too often. Without that, it's all okay.

Comment

Margarito is done and Cotto needs to thank Pacquiao for helping him get that stoppage. Margarito's eye was damaged in the Pac fight and it will probably never be the same. With that said, Cotto was indeed in control of the fight and boxed much better in this fight than he did in the previous bout. Congrats to Miguel.

Comment

Cotto looked weak after the 9th, I think there was a chance Margarito could have hurt him and put him down. He even gave that same wink to his corner like he knew he was getting lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            I didn't really contradict myself. It was a loss and a win is a win. Gave my congrats. Plus if you see, it has to do more with the cries you guys did for years. Finally it can settle down.

I don't have time to mourn over a sport. Both of these ****ers(Cotto/Margs) make millions off us. If they lose they're rich regardless. Something me and you ain't.
            sorry but i'm rich part of the %1

Comment

This isnt like the first fight, and Margarito wasnt going to perform a miracle and another stoppage likke in the first fight.

After the recent deaths in boxing, it has to be considered a good stoppage. Marge is too brave for his own good. Not sure what career Marge has got left but he can fight another day and thats what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                sorry but i'm rich part of the %1
                Sure...just cause you're looking at your epoints on NSB doesn't mean it's your bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by texas1 View Post
                  Cotto looked weak after the 9th, I think there was a chance Margarito could have hurt him and put him down. He even gave that same wink to his corner like he knew he was getting lit up.
                  how do u give a wink to ur corner to let them know ur getting ur assss lit ******... Cotto did not look weak after the 9th cuz there was no 10th for ur info... Cotto looked a lil exhauseted but if the fight would had gone to distance Cotto would had won anyways.. Margaritio did NOT have a chance bro.. live with it.. Cotto is the better boxer fighter etc... Margarito is done...

Comment

I don't even know if I should find the irony in this tread funny or repulsive.

As bad as the Mexican fanbase took this lost, in a year that they swept otherwise was worse than the ******* needing slow motion to try & justify Marquez schooling Pacman.

I mean the crap that they have been spouting was horrible. Then to come into this tread & try to turn it around, well that's having no shame right there.

From a neutral standpoint, the Ricans have come in here all year & given props to the winners, but the Mexicans lost 1 fight this year in the rivalry & they couldn't even handle it. Plus Margarito was a proven cheater, which adds to the shamelessness of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey88 View Post
                      how do u give a wink to ur corner to let them know ur getting ur assss lit ******... Cotto did not look weak after the 9th cuz there was no 10th for ur info... Cotto looked a lil exhauseted but if the fight would had gone to distance Cotto would had won anyways.. Margaritio did NOT have a chance bro.. live with it.. Cotto is the better boxer fighter etc... Margarito is done...
                      Come on you know it was a weak stoppage, you're right Cotto was exhausted all that pressure was getting to him. And the fact that Margarito seemed happy to be in there banging it up was ****ing with his head. I think there would have been a little more closure if it would have kept going. Cotto's strategy of holding and trying to smother the punches helped out a lot this time around, but It looked like he was finally breaking down a little bit towards the end of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X