No announcement yet.

amatuer weight classes and time in rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amatuer weight classes and time in rounds

how much time is in the round and how many and what are the weight classes anyone...

The time for the rounds varies upon your age and experience, but they go from 1 minute, 1-1/2 minutes and 2 minutes. Back in my day we fought 3 minute rounds in the open division but they did away with those.

Light Flyweight..............106
    Flyweight....................112
    Bantamweight.................119
    Featherweight................125
    Lightweight..................132
    Light Welterweight...........141
    Welterweight.................152
    Middleweight.................165
    Light Heavetweight...........178
    Heavyweight..................201
    Super Heavyweight............201+

All bouts are scheduled for 3 rounds unless preauthorized to have 1 main event bout of 4 rounds between qualified boxers..............Rockin'

Comment

is it illegal to hit in the body in amature boxing?

Comment

No, it is not. Any shot on the naval or abve is a scoring blow as long as it is landed on the front of the body. I award points everytime I see a body shot land, however it seems that many amatuers judges over look them..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
          No, it is not. Any shot on the naval or abve is a scoring blow as long as it is landed on the front of the body. I award points everytime I see a body shot land, however it seems that many amatuers judges over look them..........Rockin'
          thanks rockin. my friend/sparing partner told me that i should not hit him in the body because in a amature fight i'll get DQ. he probally has a weak core and didnt want to get hit there.

Comment

rockin how about rounds for someone under the age of 18 they do have fights for 18 and under.. right

Comment

rockin can u tell me the average hieght for a middle weight fighter. Iam 5'10

Comment

Gattz, Id say that your a little on the short side, but still average. Good fighters come in all shape and sizes however. Except of course when you look and fight like Butterbean.............Rockin'

Comment

Wats up Rockin. Damn I never knew they scheduled 1 minute rounds.
                  my first fight(that I lost btw) was scheduled 3 round 2 minutes each. Now i feel like i got cheated....again.

Comment

I know back in a day there used to be 2 round 3 minutes each and they fought without headgear.

Comment

Working...
                    X