No announcement yet.

PR Olimpian Jantony ****ing robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
    I heard a japanese dude got robbed and the descision got overturned, the same with a american!

Its ridiculous, the guy landing like 8 punches clean to the face of the russian and they didnt score a single point on that sequense! smh!
    It's a total shame. Still, to this day, amateur boxing is like a Mafia protecting the "dominant" countries and making sure the medals stay there. It's unacceptable that a scoring system that is incredibly flawed and has been criticized for years is still being used. I don't care about the country, overall, this is corrupt and pathetic.

Comment

Both rounds scored a draw, were Jantony. No way that was a draw. But robberies are common. Why cry about it? Specially here with the non sense and the haterade.

Good kid Jantony. I hope he comes back in 2016. With more experience the three kids can do great

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Waaaah!

You just have to learn to live with the fact that the rest of the world has caught up and passed Puerto Rican boxing by.

(I'm only joking. But this is what we are told when an American gets beat in a close fight.)

Comment

hate to say it but its nothing new man the has been robberies left and right in the olimpics thats why i dont watch it anymore they should really hear the peolple out and change that stupid scoring system but o well there's nothing we can do bout it hope we gets better and better and sometime go pro and actually make some money !!!!

Comment

I've seen the kid twice, i like what i see. is going pro right now too soon for him?

Comment

No, the Puerto Rican didn't win. He was not active enough. The Russian won the first two rounds. In the last round the Puerto Rican wasn't doing much until the last thirty seconds. It was a good fight, though.

Comment

Join the club man...

Ukrainians have been robbed too...

World Championship Gold medalist loosing to some no name brit....

GB is getting all the gifts...

These oympics make it seem like GB is some boxing powerhouse...

Move over Cuba, Ukraine, Russia lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                  No, the Puerto Rican didn't win. He was not active enough. The Russian won the first two rounds. In the last round the Puerto Rican wasn't doing much until the last thirty seconds. It was a good fight, though.
                  What effing fight you were watching? Jantony won the first and got a stupid tied when the russian didnt even touch him. The last round Jantony clearly out landed him and out pointed him.

But crying about the robbery is stupid. Happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                    What effing fight you were watching? Jantony won the first and got a stupid tied when the russian didnt even touch him. The last round Jantony clearly out landed him and out pointed him.

But crying about the robbery is stupid. Happens all the time.
                    And this, sadly, is the truest statement of all....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                      The only legit argument to dismiss claims that Ortiz was robbed was that the score should've been wider heading into the final round.

But that said, Ortiz clearly won the last round and fought for a hell of a lot more than the final 30 seconds. There was no way that round should've been scored even.

Overall, I didn't have a problem w/ Ayrapetyan winning the fight. Not based on scores, just the general perception of the fight. But given the scores heading into round three, it's really tough to argue that Ortiz wasn't the victim of a predetermined outcome at that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X