No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Drops, Decisions Matthysse To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Drops, Decisions Matthysse To Retain

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Danny Garcia (27-0, 16KOs) fought his heart out, dropping Lucas Matthysse (34-3, 32KOs) in the eleventh and winning a twelve round unanimous decision to retain the WBC/WBA junior welterweight titles. The scores were 115-111, 114-112, 114-112.

Garcia started off by his using his movement and looked to counter. Matthysse applied the pressure and came forward, with both looking to land big shots. Matthysse landed a good shot on Garcia, who took it well and looked to counter. Matthysse got the better of the action in the second with a few well-placed shots. The third was close and could have went either way. Garcia did very well in the fourth, countering off the back-foot and landed hard shots to Matthysse's head and body. Mattthysse edged the fifth with a last minute flurry of punches. Both had their moments in the sixth, with Garcia going often to the body as Matthysse targeted the head.
    [Click Here To Read More]

philly standup

Comment

prepare for trolling of epic proportions!

Comment

Respect to Danny... Great title defense

Comment

lol, lmao the machine is broke

Comment

Danny "low blow" Garcia

Comment

I was rooting for Lucas but I knew this was a toss up (genuine)

Congrats Swift

Comment

Hype job lucas was exposed. No rematch.

Comment

good fight by Garcia,i really thought mathyssee would ko him,would like to see him face rios/pac winner,he deserves a big money fight

Comment

I thought Matthysse was going to win by KO, and I was rooting for him, but damn, Garcia did a great fight and proved a lot.
                    I really didn't know he was this good.

I can't wait to NOT hear what Angel Garcia has to say in the conference though

Comment

Working...
                    X