I would ask Team Pacquiao..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
    what does beating Shane Mosley prove?

Seriously, they're trying to make him out to be some MONSTER, like he's just the biggest threat out there.

Well, how come before Cotto-Pacquiao was official, and Mosley was offering to drain himself to as low as 142lbs, and Mosley even went to the Wild Card Gym, Freddie Roach's response was "He's too good of a fighter", and even said he's "too much risk, not enough reward".

Well now that he got decent drawing numbers with Mayweather but got soundly DOMINATED by him in that fight and went on to a HORRENDOUS showing in his next fight where he fought to a draw against sorry ass Mora, Freddie JUMPS on the opportunity saying he's the best fighter out there right now to fight Manny.

Why?

where is he getting this idea that Shane possesses any kind of threat after shuffling between 147lbs and 154lbs and hasn't had a win since 09 where Margarito got exposed and obviously played a HUGE role in his performance?

I don't get how he's still pulling these tricks and we are left with no choice but to deal with it and just hope we get Mayweather-Pacquiao after they cherry pick their careers away.

well, That's my rant for the day..:twinglock:
    I myself cannot understand why they even consider mosley. I wanted to rant myself, but darnit! You beat me to it.

Comment

dont worry people pac will fight Marquez and berto next if he beats Mosley. Pac will fight Mosley first since Mosley needs the money.

Comment

it will prove the same thing Morales II and III and MAB II Hatton and Cotto Margarito at catchweights did

adding a marquee name to the resume regardless of what condition they in at the fight to your resume because years from now people won't remember those thing

Comment

Calling all knights of ako pa ha....

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
            all the manny haters is saying that mosley is old, shot and past his prime like mosley is no threat now just because they know pac is really that good and is gonna whoop mosley so they try to discredit mosley to make him look like its gonna be a walk in the park for manny so when manny win they can say they knew it all along since mosley is already past his prime.. i havent been on this site for long but one thing i notice about the so called hardcore boxing fans is that they dont give credit to older legend status type guys like mosley.. in other sports like mma, the fans would go crazy to see a match up between a old timer all time great vs a young all time great. I guess its different in boxing...
            check yourself *******. all of your kind have desperately discredited mayweathers win over mosley so guess what a year later and pacs fighting him after he is clearly on the down side he gets **** for it.

Comment

Marquez is over prizing himself asking a guaranteed 5M is ridiculous. If he was of Top Rank then I think it would be fair. The fight should be 141 catch weight to be fairly in the middle 6lbs up North for Marquez and 6lbs down South for pac. That way the fight would be a title defense for the 147lbs belt which Manny is currently holding. And the fight would be perfect being held in May.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                It doesn't prove ****. They're doing it for 2 reasons:

1. Money

2. Bob Arum wants to **** with Golden Boy.
                Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                I agree,

my thing is, why not unify and beat a young undefeated and PRIME fighter in Berto!?

Mosley has lost 6 times, is 39, past his prime and has no belt or no leverage to offer Pacquiao.

I believe Pacquiao beats the dog **** out of Berto, but atleast it's a meaningful fight against a Prime, young Champion.

co-sign... I have been saying this since after pac/marg
                unify the belts... beat a young and undeafeted champ... Mosley doesn't bring anything to the table, and I don't believe in the mosley fight being a draw.

Pac has the right to choose his opponent, he already earned that. He has given all his best to please the fans and I give him props for that...

I plead nontheless, not mosley. a pac/berto fight can generate 1M PPV if properly promoted. It will at the same time add legacy to Pac's ATG status.

Comment

I think it could be an interesting fight, I fully understand your beef and it is certainly likely that Manny overcomes Shane possibly quite easily.

Still Manny is unlike Mayweather and Mora so it is not out of the question that Mosley handles this type of fight better. Still as the fight goes on unless Mosley is tagging Manny at will with right hands it is tough to see him keeping up.

In some respect Shane is easy to whoop but in others he is really not and I don't know if Manny is built or suited for the type of fight that make a fight with Mosley easy work.

So I don't mind it, but certainly won't go overboard defending the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                    Marquez is over prizing himself asking a guaranteed 5M is ridiculous. If he was of Top Rank then I think it would be fair. The fight should be 141 catch weight to be fairly in the middle 6lbs up North for Marquez and 6lbs down South for pac. That way the fight would be a title defense for the 147lbs belt which Manny is currently holding. And the fight would be perfect being held in May.
                    He not only demanded 5M guarantee but also $5 per PPV above 500,000ppv. He is acting as if he is the main attraction. Jmm is losing respect here. He insults Pac to goad the champ for a rematch and yet he negotiates as if he doesn't want the fight...

A lot of boxing fans dont want the Mosley fight, but an alternative fighter has prized himself out of the equation... Berto is the only option left. I hope he gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
                      He not only demanded 5M guarantee but also $5 per PPV above 500,000ppv. He is acting as if he is the main attraction. Jmm is losing respect here. He insults Pac to goad the champ for a rematch and yet he negotiates as if he doesn't want the fight...

A lot of boxing fans dont want the Mosley fight, but an alternative fighter has prized himself out of the equation... Berto is the only option left. I hope he gets it.
                      Yeah but there is a BIG difference man. Marquez actually deserves a nice payday and 5M as opposed to Margarito who did nothing to earn a shot at Pac. There are people who are actually asking for a 3rd Pac vs Marquez fight, as opposed to nobody asking for a Pac vs Margs fight. Can you honestly sit there and say that a Pac vs JMM fight wouldn't sell now?

Comment

Working...
                      X