No announcement yet.

Toughest Times Of Your Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest Times Of Your Life

This lounge used to be my fave with , k-dogg,feisty,matt,ragin bull and a few others makin good threads al the time so i think we should all be making good threads here

my question is what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

mine has to be when my mum and dad got divorced and my dad moved out i was totally devastated and totally unprepared for it , i was never really myself for a few months after that

i think something like that turned me more mature and made me realise change could end up for the best

sooo

what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

Originally posted by El Temible View Post
    This lounge used to be my fave with , k-dogg,feisty,matt,ragin bull and a few others makin good threads al the time so i think we should all be making good threads here

my question is what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it

mine has to be when my mum and dad got divorced and my dad moved out i was totally devastated and totally unprepared for it , i was never really myself for a few months after that

i think something like that turned me more mature and made me realise change could end up for the best

sooo

what was the hardest period of your life and how did you overcome it
    when i was in college, i was so damn poor and in debt up to my ears.
    i was taking a full load of courses and working full time.
    i had to sell stuff. it was tough, but i did what i had to.
    i worked by butt off. when i finally graduated, i was in serious credit debt. i just consolidated it all and now i am basically debt free.
    one thing i will say is that i am a problem solver. when **** is thrown my way, i always figure something out and get through it.

Comment

Life is a constant flow of Highs and Lows..
      I have had rough times and will have them again..

Comment

Like Welter said, There is always going to be ups and downs.
        How do you get through them. My trick is you take the good with the bad in the same way. Meaning you have to accept and embrace the bad as you would the good.
        I've been homeless, slept in fromt of a storage shed. I've been locked up, I didnt have a father for just about all of my youth. All negative, but you take the lessons, the points that make you stronger. Remember what happened to you, And move on to the next day. Just like with the good. you count your blessings. enjoy what you have just experienced and move on to the next day. Love what you got. Remember what you had. And went through.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          Life is a constant flow of Highs and Lows..
          I have had rough times and will have them again..
          true.
          when times get tough, i try to be proactive and try to figure out what to do.

but if it is just a matter of being down about something (situational depression), i think about the things that make me happy and turn off the negative thoughts the minute they rear their ugly head. lol!

Comment

my parents divorced when i was a toddler, and i was robbed of a childhood because of my mom. luckily the few rays of sunshine came for the few days a year that i got to see my dad. but i didn;t want to go to the childhood years.

Comment

It's been so long since I have had good times, I wouldn't know how to handle them if they returned.

Comment

I'd been wondering why no-one had been posting here. I might just make a return

Well, the hardest times of my life were probably when my mum married a man she had been seeing for a while and he seemed like a real nice guy. Him and my mum were expecting a baby, my little brother, and they tied the knot.

But all wasn't well at all. It turned out he had another kid somewhere in London which he kept secret, and he was an abusive husband. The **** used to beat up on my mum if he didn't have any alcohol or if she wouldn't do something for him.

He hardly ever stepped out of bed either, saying he had a disease called ME, which makes you bed-ridden ro months. But no doctor ever diagnosed it.

After four years of all the fighting and trauma, my mum finally plucked up the courage to kick him out. We never saw him again and got a hpone call last August telling us he was dead.

I was under 10 years old when all this was happening, but thank god we're not mentally scarred or anything

If you want to read more details about what he was like, it's in one of Smokin's threads in this lounge. He was truly a bastard. Even in those years that he stayed away, he kept threatening us through letters and phone calls.

This is probably why I can't stand men who hit women and get really protective over women now.

The only good thing that came out of him was that it was partly him (and my grandad) who set me watching boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by 7001 View Post
                  It's been so long since I have had good times, I wouldn't know how to handle them if they returned.
                  are you just stressed out due to work related stuff or is everythign in your life kinda **** right now?

Comment

sleeping rough when i was about 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X