No announcement yet.

Wow...Thomas Hearns is a tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I can't stand people like that. It's funny because as much as a lot of people hate Floyd Mayweather jr, he was one of the nicest boxing celebrities I've ever met. I talked to Mayweather jr on three different occasions and he took the time to talk to everybody who approached him from what I saw. It was the same when I met Angelo Dundee and Sugar Ray Leonard. Both nice without a hint of arrogance or dismissive attitude. I've also heard that Pernel Whitaker is a prick to people like Hearns apparently.
    I've met Floyd twice and he was real nice both times.

I met him over here in London back in 2009 and he stayed at the gym hours after he was supposed to to take pictures and sign autographs.

Then in 2010 in Vegas for the Mosley fight. Mosley came out for 5 minutes, did an interview with the press then left. Floyd stayed there for over an hour signing autographs.

Then for the Guererro fight, the same thing. Guererro came out for 5 minutes to do an interview then Floyd stayed for well over an hour.

And he's the star.

Each time I've seen or spoken to him he's been polite, respectful and just a nice guy.

Adrien Broner was the same as crazy as that sounds. I met him a few weeks ago in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I've met Floyd twice and he was real nice both times.

I met him over here in London back in 2009 and he stayed at the gym hours after he was supposed to to take pictures and sign autographs.

Then in 2010 in Vegas for the Mosley fight. Mosley came out for 5 minutes, did an interview with the press then left. Floyd stayed there for over an hour signing autographs.

Then for the Guererro fight, the same thing. Guererro came out for 5 minutes to do an interview then Floyd stayed for well over an hour.

And he's the star.

Each time I've seen or spoken to him he's been polite, respectful and just a nice guy.

Adrien Broner was the same as crazy as that sounds. I met him a few weeks ago in Vegas.
      Im shocked at Broner being cool, i thought he would be a royal prick! You watch that About Billions show of his?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Im shocked at Broner being cool, i thought he would be a royal prick! You watch that About Billions show of his?
        Yeah I watched it, I'm sad to say Thought it was dreadful.

He actually recorded that the day I met him because I noticed he was wearing the same clothes

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Yeah I watched it, I'm sad to say Thought it was dreadful.

He actually recorded that the day I met him because I noticed he was wearing the same clothes
          Haha cool, would have been even cooler if they was still recording and u got on the show lol!

Its terrible right!? And what a twat he comes across as in it

Comment

Retirement is not an easy situation for most boxers especially the high tier guys who had a different exsistance back in the day! I'm not making an excuse but their lives are dramaticly changed and if their savings haven't been dealt with to accomidate them through the current and future times they feel bitter about the sport in general. Some also get jealous of the current top purses that champs are earning today. Sounds like "sour grapes" but its a reality they have to deal with.
            I met Hearns as a contender and was a respectfull young man. Looked me in the eys once I held his hand while meeting him he knew I was about boxing (met in the Kronk) I met Leonard a number of time (once in my gym) and the last time I saw him he was a rude lil fellow to a group of people and was abit rude to me too! Hey everyone has a good and bad side, it doesn't effect me if were not working together, it we were working things would be addressed, immediately.
            The vast majority of well known fighters I've met were very nice and acted like gentlmen. Most fighters are gentle people away from the business and are soft spoken men. My favorites if I have any are Magic Man Starling, I knew Moochie since he was a kid and watched him grow into a top tier perfomer and Champion. The guy I personally think is the reason there is a boxing program for kids everywhere is a Mathew (Saad Muhammed) I liked him very much he came to my gym twice for work and he was a pleasure to work with! Ray.

Comment

devastated to say the least , one of my favourite fighters.

Comment

I remember in some TV interview not long ago, Sugar Ray Leonard told about Hearns that he called SRL from time to time and asked what was Ray's weight. It might Hearns is not a douch or arrogant, he just lives some life distant from this world in his head already.

Comment

I'm not that surprised. Broner's persona seems as fake as a pro wrestler's.

Comment

Haha cool, would have been even cooler if they was still recording and u got on the show lol!

Its terrible right!? And what a twat he comes across as in it
                    Haha that would have been hilarious.

Yeah, it's horrible Really poorly done.

It's just on an screen thing, or atleast he wasn't acting like he does on TV at all.

And it's not even like he was on his own, he was with Sam Watson and a group of his friends and I was by myself so you'd expect him to be playing up abit infront of all of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I had a similar positive experience with Mayweather. And I've heard the same thing about Whitaker for years.
                      What, that Whitaker is a prick to Hearns or to his fans?

Comment

Working...
                      X